Chapter 13

XAVIERS POV

I sat In the jail cell as I thought back to what happened.

Maybe if I ignored him this could have been avoided, but I was sick and tired of other people's judgement, why were they so concerned with my life, what got me the most, what really hurt me, I new knew that boy and he was cussing me like he's seen me before. Boys have feelings too, he knew I was going to react, he knew I had anger issues, he just wanted me to look back and his plan succeeded.

Flashback

"Sir, we've received calls that your being a threat to the public and also assaulted a member of public, I'm sorry to say but we will have to arrest you."

The female officer grabbed my hands aggressively and tried to put handcuffs on me.

I kept on fighting back, avoiding the handcuffs until I heard Journey.

"Please Xavier, don't make it worse." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

The lady put the handcuffs on me as the other read out my rights "You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court."

They took me out as I watched Journey cry from the corner of my eyes.

Flashback ended

I sat in the cell praying that everything will go okay.

"Xavier Mabiala, you have some visitors."
The guard came up to me unlocking the gate.

I walked into a quiet room where I saw a man I have never seen before, I took a seat across from him and waited for him to speak.

"Xavier, there he been a few reports about you assaulting a member of the public and many witnesses to testify against you."

"I was hit first." I said bluntly to the man but he ignored me.

"Well that's not what the witness told us, unfortunately the family of Joseph would like to press charges, he is now in the hospitals in critical condition, because of that you will be taken to court."

I felt like the world was breaking down slowly as I heard this, we could have sorted this out properly but they had to involve authorities.

"No, check the cameras in the shop, I was touched first! It was self defence!" I banged onto the table.

"Please calm down, I've been assigned as your lawyer, I've thought of a deal that is suitable."

"No I can't stay here! I have football, I'm going to get the scholarship." I yelled.

"Sir that looks like it won't be happening if you don't calm down.

I wiped my tears as I listened to him talk.

"We're going to ask the judge to reduce your years, I've been through your documents and seen that you've got anger issues and your on medications, we will tell the judge that you forgot to take Those pills, but... you would have to plead guilty."

I screwed Him before speaking up. "No, I won't plead guilty, get the evidence, That was self defence, what were doing here is lying." I tried to get back up but was forced down by one of the guards.

"Now listen to me clearly. The boy that you assaulted is in the hospital right now fighting for his life, your even lucky I'm trying to get you less years especially since your form the broken houses, what makes you think the judge will have pity on you?" He threatened me.
"Your going to plead guilty and that is final."

"NO!" I shouted at him and got up.

"Guilty my arse! Shove the papers into your arse, you look like my back foot yet you want to come all in my face."

I tried to walk out but the guard pulled me back. The lawyer got up from his seat and pushed me to the ground.

He bent down to my level and punched me across my face, he did this severely timed till my face was numb and I could taste and see my own blood.

"You can't tell me no, you peasant." He spat.

He grabbed me by my arm pulling me up and sat me back on the chair. The guard just stood there watching as if I wasn't just assaulted.

The lawyer went into his briefcase and pulled out a paper placing it in front of me.

"Sign this, this will give you less years, you are pleading guilty by force."

He forced the pen in my hand as I trembled.
I hesitated before signing the paper and handed it back to him.

"Nice doing business sir, see you in court." He gave me a cheeky grin then walked out the room.

I got up and followed the guard into the cell.
I sat on the bed praying that I still had Journey by my side, ever since I've come to the station she's all that I've thought about. She was literally living in my head rent free.

I didn't care what happened to me as long as I had her and she was safe.

VOTE AND COMMENT