Chapter 7

I continued to watch Suits on Netflix as Xavier continued texting on his phone, from time to time he would look over at what I was doing, but try do it in a slick way even though I caught him.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked him

"What?"

"What country are you from?"

"My dad is from Spain and my mum is from Congo, is that all or do you want to ask something else?." He bluntly replied

"Why are you so rude?" that was a question I've always wanted to ask, he had an attitude every time I had spoken to him.

He scrunched his face at me, "I'm not rude to you."

I didn't even bother to answer, his replies were so blunt.

"Anyways my friends are coming over, you might get along with some." He told me and I nodded at him.

He was going to open the door for them but I wanted to say something to him "honestly you don't have to lie to me, I know they probably won't like me, and if they don't I won't be shocked, no ones ever liked me, but I don't see why you act rude in front of me, I'm clearly trying to make friends, but your rude for no reason, if I've done something atleast tell me."

He looked back at me for some time and walked out the room.

XAVIERS POV

I never gave her attitude on purpose, sometimes I regret talking to her In that way, she was genuinely a nice girl, I just kept pushing her back, I think it's how I see people like her, a lot of them discriminating those of lower class, they've done it to all of us, that's why we don't associate ourselves with people who are richer.

I was being too harsh on her, she was a beautiful girl, I just don't understand why she wants to make friends with someone like me.  I met her four weeks ago and I feel like if I get close to her I would catch feelings, that's something I wouldn't want to catch, people would judge us, a rich girl dating a poor boy, that's what they'd say.

I walked to the door and opened it for my friends, they followed behind me after greeting my dad and walked to my room.

They all had confused faces and some even had disappointed and disgusted faces, Ryan had the face of disappointment, the rest were confused and Jessica looked disgusted.

"Erm hey." Journey waves at them but they ignored her.

"You lots, this is Journey, Journey this is my bestfriend Ryan, that's Tyla, Jessica and her friend who is Precious." I introduced them to each other.
(Tyla is a boy btw)

"Yoo." Ryan shrugged, I could tell he was confused with why there was a rich girl in my house.

"Hi." Tyla greeted her.

"Why is she here?" Jessica snapped.

"Maybe because this is my house, if there's a problem leave." I bluntly told her

"I'm sorry baby." She walked over to me and gave a kiss on my lips.

Tyla walked towards Journey and sat beside her. "What are you watching." He asked her.

"Oh Netflix, wanna watch with me?" She asked him politely which left him in shock. I can tell she's shocked plenty of people in life, she looked like a stuck up rich girl yet she was so humble.

"I don't mind, what are you watching."

"I was watching suits but since your here let's watch top boy."

"No let's watch anime, I've always wanted to watch demon slayer."
(The best anime🙈)

"Okay demon slayer it is."

I watched her as she giggled showing her perfect smile, I wish I could get along with her, but I found it difficult, but she really was a nice girl.

I stared at her as her and Tyla watched their anime together, they looked like they were enjoying it, and I know this boy had been dreaming about watching anime, especially demon slayer.

"Why is she here?" Ryan came towards me and Jessica.

"I thought you hated her, but all of a sudden your with her."

"Man, I don't know, she's a nice person when you get to know her."

"What do you mean nice?" Jessica interfered.

"Like friendly." I explained to her.

"I will show you what friendly is."

She walked towards Journey and stood beside her, Journey didn't bother to look up since her eyes were glued to the anime.

Jessica wanted be dramatic and grabbed the packet of sweets out her hand and threw it on the floor.

"Why are you here, go back to your area!" She screamed in her face.

"What do you mean? I'm minding my business watching anime." Journey spoke scared.

"No no no,, you rich people think your so big, you come here to laugh at us, I bet after your going to go back to your fancy house and laugh about us to your mean ass mum. With your filthy money."

"Honestly, stop judging me, you don't know a thing about me and automatically you think I'm a bad person." At this point Journey got up and was grabbing her stuff probably ready to go.

One thing Jessica hated was people ignoring her and people talking back, she took it upon herself to grab Journey by one of her braids which caused her to fall on the floor, everyone started laughing, I tried to hold mine in as best as I could but I couldn't.

She got up and stared at me, I automatically stopped laughing and looked back at her, her eyes were now watering and she started to cry, she got up and walked closer to me.

"You find this funny? You complain that we discriminate you yet you treat me like this. Well if you guys are treated badly I am not surprised. you think it's right for you to do stuff to us but but when we do it to you we have to much pride. I've done nothing wrong, never in my life have I treated someone different, all I wanted was to have a friend, even if it's just one friend I'd be grateful, you think I get whatever I want in life! That's wrong! Not once have I ever had a friend, or even someone to talk to, I've kept everything within, and you think me being rich makes people respect me!??? NOOO!!! I get treated worse, I'm a girl of colour, try walking around my 'rich private school' and get called 'rich coloured' girl or boy then come back and tell me how it feels. All I wanted was a friend, you have many friends, why do you hold so much hate? why are you judging me before you've met me? I never once did that you, I've known your dad for many years and not once have I ever looked down on him, me being rich is just a title, I could be rich today and poor tomorrow, money does not define who I am, it's character." She attempted to wipe her tears but more would just come rushing down.
And with that she walked out my room, but I'm guessing she didn't go outside since I never heard the door open.

"I think you guys should leave, and Jessica don't bother texting me, there was no need for that."

"Suit yourself, come on Ryan."

Ryan grabbed her by the waist and walked with her.

"Is that how it is?" I asked him disappointed.
He knew how me and Jessica was yet he had the audacity to put his hand around her in front of me. That was the same person I'd call my bestfriend.

"No stop talking, just go back to the rich girl." He shook his head and walked out.

VOTE AND COMMENT

3 days till independence 🥳