Chapter 5

XAVIERS POV

I felt uneasy as her mum came through to the kitchen, maybe it was because I was 'different' to them, I tried not to show it but I'm sure Journey Had noticed.

Her mum walked in and stopped when she saw us, she stared for a good minute before speaking.

"Journey where did that food come from?"

"Oh I cooked it, come try some." She cheesed.

"Erm okay." Her mum said back then went to the kitchen to wash her hands then came back.

She looked at My dad then back at me, "you must be Frank, it's nice meeting you." She shook his hand smiling.

"Nice meeting you too." My dad replied

"I'm guessing that's your son, he looks exactly like you." She smiled back at me.

"He sure is."

I stared at her in shock, maybe I judged her to quick, she was the complete opposite of what I had imagined.

"I'm really sorry for being late sir, my husband is on his way, I'd love for him to meet you." She was a well mannered lady, and looked quite young, I'm sure if my mum was here she would have loved her.

"It's no problem." My dad told her.

I looked back at Journey and saw that she was glued to the conversation our parents were having, this time I didn't make any face to her, maybe she wasn't that bad, maybe it was just me judging her. I stared at her analysing her face she was very pretty.

"Thank you for having us."

"It's alright, thanks for bringing Journey home, I hope you come again." Her mum waved us off.

"Sure, another time."

"Please allow me to drop you off." Her dad asked us but my dad rejected the offer, he never liked letting people do things for him.

"Please I insist." Her dad said whiles putting on his shoes and walking towards the car. My dad probably got tired of saying no so he got in, and I went to the back.

I looked at Journey through the window as the car drove and just saw her staring at me, I tried to read her facial expression but failed.

She was a very different person, different to the rest, and I couldn't forget the fact that she was beautiful.

I woke up to the irritating sound of my alarm, even though it was a half term, I was going to try get a job today to support my parents, it was way better than selling drugs, I wasn't even good at hiding things.

I had a quick shower and got into my black joggers and old air forces and wore a white shirt, I noted in my head that the first thing I'd do with my pay is to get fresh pair of shoes and some clothes.

There wasn't a lot of shops around the area but it was enough. I walked into the first shop and got rejected to I decided to try again but still got rejected. I was about to give up but I walked past this sneaker shop, I opened the door and called for the manager.

I signed some papers and handed it in before getting told when my shift would start, I told them that I wanted to start as soon as possible and they told me I could start tomorrow morning at 9am.

I checked the time and saw that I had overslept, I quickly took a shower and put my clothes on, ran to my mums room and gave her and my sister a kiss on the cheek then rushed to work, I didn't even bother to eat breakfast. 

"Just in time sir." The manager said as I walked through the doors, I grabbed my badge and listened whiles a worker told me what to do.

I was going to be working As the cashier, I wasn't really bothered with where I worked as long as I was getting money.

3 hours later,

I was finished my break and back to working, honestly this job wasn't that hard, the only problem was that some costumers forget what manners were, but after I set them in their place they'd shut up and go, right after they complained at the manager, which I didn't care about.

I thought I was done for the day when I heard the door open.

"The shop is closing soon." I told the girl that walked in, but she ignored me.

"Erm.. can I get help please." She asked but I ignored like she did to me.

"Erm excuse me please.." she looked back and stopped when she saw me and I did the same.

"Oh hey Xavier." Journey waves at me.

I walked toward her, "what do you need help with?" I asked.

"I never knew you worked here."

"What did you need help with?" I asked again, ignoring her last statement.

"Could you get me a size 5 in these converses, and the same for the white airforces, Erm.. and a size 7 in these black ones, please."

I nodded and went to the back to get the trainers she asked me for, I came back and showed them to her before putting them on the counter.

She looked all over me and down at my basically broken shoes then back at my face then frowned, "Oh I'm confused with the boys trainers, I need to get my brother trainers for his birthday but I forgot his shoe size, it looks like you two would be the same size."

"Get him a size 8 then." I shrugged then went to the back and got her the trainers she wanted for her brother.

I scanned the items and read out the price to her. "That would be four hundred pounds."

She nodded and handed me eight fifty pound notes, I printed out the receipt and handed them to her as well as the bags.

"If the shoes don't fit your brother you can come back and return them." I reassured her.

"Thank you, have a nice day."

VOTE AND COMMENT