Chapter 8

JOURNEYS POV

I stood in the toilet staring at the mirror, I stared at myself thinking..

Why am I different?
All I want is acceptance
I'm still human

I walked out the toilet and saw Xyleena looking around, she saw me and her face lit up, she grabbed my arm and I followed her into another room, I'm guessing she shared her room with her parents since her mum was lying on the bed.

"Oh hello." I waved at her

She looked at me then smiled.
"Oh... h-hello darling." She whispered and gave me a warm smile.

"Are you alright?" I politely asked her.

"Yes dear.. y-you must be J-Journey." She coughed, and coughed again continuously.

I quickly ran up to her and gave her the water that was beside her, I helped her to drink it since I noticed she was struggling.

"Mummy is dying." Xyleena whined.

I put the water down and walked to Xyleena and rubbed her cheek lightly. "It's okay, God is in control, she will get better." I reassured her then looked back to her mum and smiled.

The door flung open and Xavier walked in,
"What are you doing here, your not meant to be here."
He grabbed me and dragged me to his room then slammed his door shut.

"Please don't touch me, and don't talk to me like that." I looked down at my feet as I spoke.

"Why were you in that room." He asked me aggressively.

"No don't talk to me, you watched your friend attack me, you even laughed." I spoke back completely ignoring him.

"Number one, I never told her to hit you, secondly you need to learn to defend yourself, next time do something back and stop crying like some baby, lastly as I said.. why were you in that room." He yelled in my face.

"Your sister dragged me there, plus what's wrong if I'm there." I said as I backed away from him afraid that he'd hit me since it was clear he was short tempered.

He stared at me breathing heavily.

"Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but is it because your mum is there?" And as soon as I had said that he looked away in shame.

I softly grabbed his face so he was facing me, I stroked his cheek with my thumb as his eyes watered.

"It's cause she's sick, she always wasn't like like." He said before hitting my hand out the way and walking to his bed.

I sat down on his bed beside him and he continued to speak.

"Life wasn't always like this, I grew up in poverty but that was after my mum got kicked out her parents house, my  parents were working hard for me and my sister, day and night, trying to get us out this area, but then my mum got cancer, my dad works even harder now to pay for her treatment, but sometimes we can't afford it, I don't even know if she's getting worse, my dad won't tell me, I don't want my sister so watch her mum die."

I put my arm on his shoulder and rubbed it "it's going to be okay, you need to believe in God, also you'd probably say no but I can ask my dad to help your mum, he's a doctor aswell."

He looked up to me "if your doing it out of pitty, then I'm good."

"Please let me atleast try and help, even if you don't want me to, atleast let me do it for Xyleena." He looked at me and I frowned.

"Your so stubborn." He forced out a chuckle.

"Well I like helping people, I like seeing people smile."

"I'm sorry for how I treated you, i tend  to judge people because they judge me, but you were different, you are different."

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

He shrugged then looked at me, "well, for starters, your really pretty, you have a good personality and you never stop trying, let's not forget you love helping people."

"Erm.. thank you, and I accept your apology, plus your pretty yourself." I pinched his cheeks

The door opened and Frank came in, "You two it's time for dinner."

We both got up and went to wash our hands then the dining table, we said our prayers and then started to eat.

"Oh sorry, I took too long." I looked up and saw Xaviers mum.

"It's okay, you can sit beside me." I smiled.
She thanked me and she slowly sat down as I helped her.

"Journey.. how are you doing darling?" His mum asked me.

"I'm fine thank you, how about you?"

"Could be better." She laughed

"I hope you guys are learning."

I nodded my head and put more food in my mouth, it's tasted amazing.

"Mmmm... this is good." I commented

"Made by a pro" Frank joked and I laughed.

We were back to watching Netflix, this time we were watching too boy.

"Can i ask you something."

I raised my eyebrow at him signaling for him to speak.

"Why? Why are you so nice?"

I paused the series and turned to him as we laid on the bed.

"I don't know, I just love seeing people smile, because I know how it feels to be hurt and broken, I've been through it all and don't want anyone to go through it, that's why I don't like when you ignore me, now can I ask you a question?"
He nodded his head at me.

"Why did you decide to get a job, your still learning for your GCSE?"

"Erm.. to help my dad, I used to do football after school but I had to drop it so my sister could have her after school lessons and activities , also so we could pay for the house rent and my mums treatment."
At his point he was so open, and I was happy he got to express everything.

"Xavier, please let my parents help your dad, I'm not just doing this out of pity, I really want to see you smile again, you never smile and one day I will make you smile, I promise."

"Journey, I appreciate it but just stop, im capable of doing this myself, there's plenty of other people to help. Please." At this point his eyes were watering and it was obvious he was going to cry.

"Xavier." I softly called his name as I gently grabbed his face, deep down he was so fragile, I looked into his eyes, they were telling me so much that had happened in his life, it explained to me that he was broken, I wanted to help fix him, there was something about him that I liked, maybe I was catching feelings, who knew.

He stared back at me, I saw a tear roll down his cheek, I used my thumb to gently wipe it away and continued staring at him, I looked down to his pink plumped lips, I stared for a while then back at him. He came closer to me and I went closer to him, just a centimetre apart.

His lips came crashing into mine. I rolled on top of him on the bed and continued to share a passionate kiss.

It lasted for a long time before we parted and stared into each other's eyes.

"Yes I'm helping you." I went back in for another kiss and he didn't stop me.

His hand traveled down to my waist as he rested his hand on it.

"JOURNEY YOIR DAD IS HERE!" I heard Frank about causing me to jump.

I got up and and looked back at Xavier, I grabbed my stuff then went to get Snow.

VOTE AND COMMENT