Chapter 5

Finley's POV:

Ameer and I have been hanging out ever since he got out of the hospital.

We were inseparable.

Of course, he spent a lot of time with Uncle Orion, but he also spent a lot of time with me.. Which also meant a lot of trouble.

It's currently Sunday night, we had school tomorrow so we had to get ready for bed.

It was already 9 pm, "Boys if you aren't in bed by 9:30 we are going to have a problem." Uncle Orion shouted upstairs at us angrily.

"yeah yeah.." Ameer and I mumbled out.
°
°
It was 9:40 and we still weren't in bed, we were on the floor of Ameer's room playing on his x-box.

We heard footsteps but ignored them, we didn't know it was 9:40 until we checked our phones.

"Finley James Russo and Ameer Vera Russo, you two up." Dad said angrily.

Ameer and I hopped to our feet and just stood there.

"How many times have we told you to get in bed. We even gave you till 9:30. I want all your x-boxes, PlayStation things, and your freaking tip tappy things." Uncle Orion huffed out.

.. This guy sucks at technology.

"Just bring us your x-box's and your Nintendo's." Dad huffed out.

"Papaaaa I want my Nintendooooo! I haven't played on it in foreverrrr!" Ameer whined out.

"You played with it all weekend, now hand it over." Uncle Orion said sternly.

"But it's mineeeee!" Ameer whined.

"Now Ameer." Uncle Orion shouted a little.

"And if I don't give it you are you going to throw me into some insane asylum again? TO GET RID OF ME! YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT SO JUST DO IT! YOU DID IT BEFORE JUST DO IT AGAIN!" Ameer screamed.

His pale face was now red with Anger. Why does he think that we want to get rid of him..?

Uncle Orion took him into another room I'm assuming to calm him down.

"Finley, the offer still stands. Do you want to switch back? Back to ddlb." Dad asked me.

I shook my head no and handed him my x-box and Nintendo.

I then went up to my room and went to bed.
°
°
When I woke up Ameer was laying next to me... I guess he went to sleep in here.

I rolled out of bed and put my school clothes on.

When I got done changing Ameer was sitting up on my bed rubbing his eyes with his hair sticking out everywhere.

Damn, he really looks like a kid.

I go over and smooth his hair out.

"Thanks, bubby.." He mumbled out while yawning.

"You're welcome, but are you okay? You seem a little upset." I asked while running my hand through his hair.

He seemed to like it because he leaned into my touch more.

"Just the drugs the docs gave me.. Makes me feel really down like I'm always tired." Ameer pouted out.

"Then don't take them? No one has to know, just don't take them." I said to him.

"Papa makes me take 'em." He sighed.

"Then just hide it under your tongue and when you're alone spit it out, simple," I told him.

He nodded his head while leaning into me more.

He kinda looked like a little cat... The way he looked when I ran my hands through his hair, he looked so calm and relaxed.

"C'mon meme, we need to get you dressed." I sighed out as he huffed and whined.

I stopped running my hand through his hair and let him slump away to get ready.

I brushed my teeth then made my way downstairs.

"Good Morning Munchkin." I heard a loud pitch voice say.

I looked up quickly to see Sophia standing in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing here," I growled out.

"C'mon don't be that way... I missed you a lot, and I'm sorry I hurt you!" Sophia said with hurt all over her face.

I heard Ameer come toddling down the steps.

"Bubby, can you do that thing again it felt really goo- Why is she here?" Ameer asked putting his guard up immediately.

Sophia just stared at him then back to me.

"Please don't think poorly of me Finley," Sophia said as she placed the coffee down and exited the house.

I turned to Ameer and started running my hands through his hair... Am I getting taller or is he shrinking? Cause I'm almost as tall as him.

When I ran my hands through his hair he melted... Cute.

When I move his hair I can see his eyes, I always loved his eyes. So cold and deadly, but so beautiful and wonderless at the same time.

"You boys ready to go? We cannot take you today, but Fera and Alexander can." Uncle Orion said as he walked over to us.

He smiled once he saw the scene before him.

"Papaaa do I have to goooo." Ameer pouted out.

I removed my hands so they could talk.

No hate on Ameer or anything but I always thought he would have greasy hair... It's not, it's just so fluffy and soft.

"We discussed this last night." Uncle Orion said calmly.

Ameer's right eye just twitched and he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Whatever." Ameer said harshly as he walked out the front door.

I grabbed both our book bags as I followed him.

I wonder what they talked about.

"Hey Bubby, do you wanna skip today?" Ameer silently asked me.

"Wha- What do you mean." I asked confused.

"Exactly what I said, do you or do you not?"
°
°
°
I'm tired