Chapter 24: Accept Me

(an: early update bc i was feeling inspired)

Jimin POV*ೃ⋅°

When I walked back into the house she was standing at the oven stirring the food.

"So...." She already started as soon as she knew I was in the kitchen.

"Mom." I whined making her chuckle. She looked over her shoulder with the biggest smile.

"What? He's a cute boy. Adorable that he brought you flowers." She cooed and I whined again.

"Mom! The f-flowers are for my g-girlfriend." I tried lying but even a dog could've sounded more believable than me. She just shook her head and walked towards the spit I was standing in the kitchen.

"Sweetie, I would never judge you for anything. It's okay you can tell me." She said in a sincere tone and that's how I knew she already knew. Now seemed better than anytime.

"Mm... okay I um-" I started and paused a little too scared to continue. It's not that I thought she'd disown me or not love me anymore because she already knows. I just don't want her treat me and differently after I finally admit it to her. I just don't want anything to change from right now. We just made up.

"Um I think that- that I um-" My stuttering was interrupted by the door opening on its own this time. Both of our head flew to see who was entering the house.

"Sun-hi? Jimin?" My dad walked into the kitchen and smiled seeing us making dinner together.

"Hi dad." I did shyly because of the conversation we were just having. Just thinking about having it with my dad terrified me. I'm sure he'd react differently.

"Hi honey." My mom kissed his cheek and handed him a plate of the food we made.

"Hello son. How have you been?" He asked me and we haven't had the same talk me and my mom did. He still doesn't understand my feelings.

"I've been okay. Lonely." I chuckled earning a glare from my mom. I know she doesn't want me to do the same thing I did to her but my dad isn't the type of person to have a civil conversation with.

"Lonely? Don't you have friends? I know that annoying Taehyung is always here." I rolled my eyes already annoyed with his unnecessary attitude.

"He's my closest friend. And yes I have more friends." I spat back. He's really starting to get under my skin. I guess when I said I wanted to spend time with my family I meant my mom. My dad wouldn't understand me if he tried.

"Well I don't like him. You should hang out with those other friends more often." He explained making me roll my eyes again. I was about to respond but he started to speak.

"And doesn't he like boys Jimin?" My eyes widened a little at the words. What was that supposed to mean? I automatically turned to my mom seeing she was wearing the same expression. What was he trying to say?

"He d-does." I stuttered out scared to hear what his response to that was. Is he homophobic?

"Well.... just stay away from that boy. You don't need that type of influence." He spat as he shoveled some of the food into his big mouth. This is the reason my family will never get along. My eyes already started to tear up knowing my dad would never accept me for who I am.

"But he's my best friend." I cried and he looked up to see my teary eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw my mom already tearing up with me. She shook her head signaling for me not to continue.