Chapter 3: Sophie

One week after the 10 wishes of the 10 heroes, as it would later go down in history.

I had been sitting under the Panakes tree for hours with Wynn and Luna, both whom hadgot a lot bigger over the past 4 years, when Keefe showed up. I was surprised to see him, let alone looking so annoyed and angry. I looked up from Wynn and Luna and motioned him to sit down.

"Ok. Spill it. What's wrong?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

He seemed to realize how he must look and tried to get his expression under control.

"Don't even try that. Spill it. Seriously."

"It's-It's nothing. I just came from Everglen and wanted to hang out."

"Did you have a fight with Fitz?"

"Why would you think that Foster? He's the Lord of Snuggles! Fitzypoo! Wonderboy, Golden Boy, my best friend, and I could go on and on and on."

"You didn't answer my question. Don't think I didn't notice. Please just tell me what's wrong. I just want to help!"

He hesitated, like he wanted to tell me, but something was holding him back.

"Come on! You know I just want to help Keefe!"

"I-I know. But I can't tell you! I promised Alden I woundn-" Keefe locked horrified. "Oops," he muttered, cursing himself.

"I wasn't supposed to say that."

I sat up. I heard my tone grow colder.

"Tell me what Keefe?"

"Noting!"

"It's obviously something!"

"It's not! Please don't do this."

"I'm sorry Keefe. I want to be able to trust you, and I can't trust you if I know you're hiding something. I won't stop till I finish."

Our conversation went back and forth like that for like ten minutes before Keefe rubbed his forehead and exhaled, "FiNe! I'll tell you. As long as you promise you won't hate me."

I sighed. "Ugh. How many times do I have to tell you that I could never hate you!"

He closed his eyes like he was praying or something, and took a breath.

Then he whispered, "I love you Foster."

"WhAt???????!!!!!! Ok Keefe. If this is some kind of joke, It'S nOt FuNnY!"

"I swear it's not a joke. I can prove it. Close your eyes."

"Um. Why?"

"Just do it."

I did, and after they were shut there was a shuffle of blankets, and Keefe softly pressed his lips against mine. This was nothing like my first kiss. You know, with Dex. It was perfect. I felt so calm, and kissed him back, and I was so happy, because I realized that when Keefe told me he loved me, I realized that I loved him to. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and after a minute he pulled away, a small smile on his face.

"So I guess you believe me now huh Foster?"

He leaned back against the Panakes tree. I nodded and I smiled too. My face was totally tomato red by now. I knew it was bold and risky, but I layed down on his chest, and he seemed surprised but eventually started to stroke my hair. It was sunset by now, so I fell asleep on Keefe's chest, not remembering at all that I had Team Vailent coming over tomorrow at sunrise.