Chapter 26: Biana

7 1/2 ish months later

Finally. After about 7-8 months of looking for Sophie, the Collective and the Council finally found where she was. They also uncovered that there was only only active Neverseen base everywhere in the world. They'd had all the intelligent species on the lookout, searching for Sophie. I'd just got a hail from Mr. Forkle that they'd found Sophie and we were leaving tomorrow at midnight. I'd agreed, but now as I was walking down the hall, I gasped. I accidentally ran into the wall and a table and broke a vase. Fitz came running out of his room, and my mom and dad came running upstairs. 

"What happened?" they asked.

I looked around wildly. "I have to get to Havenfield. Now." 

They helped me up, and I sprinted downstairs to the leapmaster. My family managed to grab my hand right before I shouted, "HAVENFIELD!"

When we reappeared at Havenfield, I glared at them. "Why'd you do that?"

Fitz snorted. "Uh maybe cause you ran into a wall and wouldn't tell us why?"

I rolled my eyes. "Well at least I didn't get myself tangled into a chandelier."

Before our stupid fight could escalate, Edaline found us. She gave us a confused look.

"Um, hello? What are you all doing here?"

I glared at my family again. "I have something urgent to tell you and they decided to tag along."

Her eyes widened, because I knew she'd known that I'd only be there to talk to her for one reason.

"Yes, of course. Della, Alden, Fitz, Grady's inside with a plate of Mallowmelt, why don't you join him? Biana, follow me."

I nodded, and followed her to Calla's tree. 

"What's wrong?" Edaline asked hurriedly. 

"Forkle hailed me this morning to tell me that found her. We're all leaving tomorrow at midnight." 

Edaline looked relieved. But it didn't last long. "Wait, then what wrong?"

I looked her straight in the eyes. "Has anyone looked at how long it's been since Sophie was taken? She was 2 months pregnant when she was taken right? And how long has it been?"

Edaline gasped. "It-it's been about 7 1/2 months."

I nodded, she was catching on. "The baby's probably already been born. We have to get Sophie and the baby out of there." 

Edaline nodded and we ran back to Havenfield. After a lot of hails, everyone was in Havenfield's living room. I clapped my hands. 

"Ok guys. Only a few of you will get this. I'm trying to respect Sophie's privacy. It was 2 months when she was taken right?"

All the girls nodded, they knew what I was talking about, but the guys just looked confused. 

"Has anyone looked at how long it's been? 7 1/2 months. Add that up."

All the girls faces paled and they started to panic. Linh spoke up.

"We need to go find her. Now. If they're left there any longer they might die." 

Now it was Keefe's turn to pale. I nodded and said, "It's a good thing that the Collective and the Council found her today. We're leaving tonight at 10."