Chapter 42: Keefe

Sup Guys! I've been reading an amazing Sokeefe book, so I felt like a Sokeefe moment was long overdue. Plus I feel bad for all the time it's taking to update.

The twins were gone at Havenfield today, helping Grady and Edaline with the animals. They were getting so big. They were about 2 weeks away from being 3. Sophie came in our room and laid down next to me. She brushed a loose strand of her blonde hair out of her eyes. I'd heard her get up about 4 times last night. Neither of the twins slept very well - inheriting their mom's tendency for nightmares. I moved closer to her and put an arm around her shoulders gently. She leaned into my chest, taking a deep breath. I looked down at her and brushed my thumb gently under her eye. 

"Twins keep you up all night again?"

She simply nodded in response. I tilted her chin up to me and kissed her. In that moment which was probably about a minute, I remembered when we were younger, and used to run around Havenfield, laughing, and when we were with our friends, stealing little kisses or moments like this. We tried to hide out relationship for a while, but it just didn't stay hidden. I remember that one time, The Black Swan wouldn't let us go on their mission, so we all stayed at Everglen. Me and Sophie were already together, and we snuck off every night just to be alone together. I pulled away, and I held my forehead to hers. 

"How did I get so lucky?" I wondered, then realizing I'd said it aloud. Sophie laughed. Her laugh was my favorite thing to hear in the world. I can't even believe she's mine and I'm her's sometime. Sometime I feel like I'm about to wake up from a dream. I looked at her eyes, and studied them. I knew them as well as I knew the back of my hand. Beautiful brown with golden flecks sparkling within them. 

"Did you know that your eyes shine like the stars?" I murmured, and Sophie smiled and looked at me. 

"Did you know that I've blue is my favorite color?" She responded. I raised my eyebrow sarcastically. 

"And why is that?" 

She mock thought about it for a second. "Because they're the color of the person I love most in the world's eyes."

She looked at me and grinned. Then, looking exhausted, Sophie snuggled onto my chest. I rested my head on hers, and softly stroked her hair as I eventually whispered, 

"I love you."

Hey guys! I know that was short. It wasn't really a chapter, but I'm working on the next one.