Chapter 41: Sophie

We're still on Justin. He's so cute. Well in my mind at least. Plus I love Dex and Marella so I just had to. 

Dex hailed me last night around 7. He looked like he was about to throw up, and he also looked scared and excited. 

"Dex..." I asked, wearily. I had just spent an hour trying to get the twins to fall asleep and I was so tired. "What's wrong? You look like you're going to be sick!"

I heard a banshee scream and was immediately awake. "WHAT WAS THAT?!" I exclaimed. 

Dex whipped his head around, and I heard Marella screaming. "Marella went into labor didn't she? But why does it sound so painful? Elvin births aren't painful."

Dex ran a shaky hand through his hair. "I don't know!" He cried, "Complications is what Elwin called it." 

I sat up. I knew exactly what complications were. I had to hurry or her and their child could die. And if I could stop it, that wasn't happening on my watch. 

She has a chance of dying because of it Kay? Idk if that could actually happen but pretend. It sounds real. I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of complications...

<><><><><><><>Time Skip<><><><><><><>

Marella had given birth to a beautiful baby boy. Keefe had stayed home for the twins, but I needed to be here for Dex. I had told Elwin if methods humans used, and it really helped. After hours, I got to hold the baby, and Dex told me his name was Justin. Technically, I was his family, and I couldn't wait for him to meet the twins. They are second cousins after all. After what felt like all night, I went home and crashed. Literally. I stumbled upstairs and ran into our bed. I feel onto it, and feel asleep immediately. Today was busy.