Chapter 23: Keefe

Today seemed like a perfectly normal day. I woke up, kissed Sophie good morning and walked downstairs to make myself breakfast. I was eating breakfast calmly when I heard the sound of shattering glass. I jumped up and ran up to our room.

"Sophie? Are you ok?"

She walked out from our closet with a horrified look on her face. 

"what was that?" She whispered. I hugged her. 

"It's going to be ok! You stay here. I'm going to go check outside."

She nodded and I ran outside. I looked around and noticed a person wearing a - wait. Was that a Neverseen cloak? Oh no. They were levitating up to......our window. I ran upstairs as fast i could, I heard shattering glass again. 

Sophie can take care of herself. Sophie can take care of herself. Sophie can take care of herself.

I kept repeating that over and over in my head, trying to reassure myself that she could take care of herself. I got there just in time to see Sophie...why wasn't she fighting back? She looked so weak, it was strange. She'd never go down without a fight. 

She's sick

A little voice in the back of my head reminded me. They put a cloth over her mouth, and she fell limp in the mans arms. He passed her off to one of the others, and they all leaped away. But not before I reached for a knife and threw it. It almost hit them and skimmed one of their arms, but impaled the wall. I collapsed on the floor, crying. I leaned up against the the side of the door. I heard Sophie's imparter ring multiple times but I ignored it. Still crying, I heard someone else leap to the house, and a still just sat there. Not caring if it was the neverseen or not. 

"Sophie? Sophie are you there?"

I heard a familiar female voice, but I couldn't figure out who it was before a figure with chocolate brown hair, and startling teal eye walked up the stairs. She saw me and ran over. She sat next to me. 

"Keefe? Keefe what's wrong? Keefe please I need to know what happened. Where's Sophie?"

At that more tears poured down my face. I couldn't talk. It was like I'd forgotten how. She got up and grabbed her imparter. I heard her talking to someone, but I couldn't tell who it was. Then I heard 17 more people leap into the area. Biana ran downstairs and led a group of people up to where i was. 

"He's up here, but he won't talk to me."

Then Fitz, Dex, Bangs Boy, Linh, Wylie, Marella, Stina, Maruca, Forkle, Grady, Edaline, Alden, Della, and the rest of the collective came into view. Edaline walked up to me and sat down next to me. 

"Keefe?" She asked gently. "Are you ok?" 

I shook my head. I sighed, and wiped my face. I got up, which seemed to surprise everyone. I grabbed my imparter. I really hoped that this would work. 

"Princess Romhilda"

She picked up. "How does this thing work HunkyHair? I pressed it cause it had your face on it. Thought maybe it would be like punching you."

I didn't smile, and she caught on. "Where's Blondie?"

I looked away. "Can you come to OceanGlade? I need your help."

__________________________________________________________

I waited downstairs for Ro, and everyone kept asking me questions, but apparently at one point my expression broke and I lookeD either sad or broken. Biana sat next to me. 

"Did she tell you?"

I gave her a confused look.

"Tell me what?" 

I hadn't spoken a work since I hailed Ro, so everyone was suddenly listening to the conversation.

"Why she was sick. Duh. We made a deal. She was scared, so the deal was she tell you by today, or I tell everyone."

Grady opened his mouth, interrupting me. "My daughter was sick and no one thought to tell me?" He muttered.

I shook my head. "She didn't say anything. But you know? Can you tell me please?"

She sighed. "Keefe I'm sorry. We'll get Sophie back and she can tell you."

I opened my mouth to argue when Ro walked in. "Hey HunkyHair what's the big deal?"

I rolled my eyes. "Just follow me." Everyone followed me up to our room, I yanked the knife out of the wall, and everyone's eyes widened. I put the knife but in my boot, and pointed to the area in front of the window where they leaped away. "Tell me where they took her. That's where they leaped away."  

"Who?" Everyone asked. Biana looked away. I looked up. "She knew didn't she Biana? And she told you." 

Biana wouldn't meet my eyes. "I'm sorry Keefe. She was supposed to tell you today!" 

"OK. STOP WITH ALL THE RIDDLES AND EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON!" Fitz burst. I glared at him. "I'm sorry. Who asked your opinion?" Linh stepped between us. 

"Boys. Now is not the time. But can you please explain Keefe? You guys are being kind of vague."

I sighed.

"Sophie's been sick on and off for the past two months. She's been nauseous, and dizzy. She's always hungry and refuses to go see Elwin." At that, Edaline, Juline, and Linh's heads snapped up. 

"What?" They asked. Biana looked at them knowingly, and they gasped. "Quick Keefe. What happened. We need to know. Now."

"Um, we heard shattering glass and I ran outside and saw them go in through out window, but by the time I got there it was to late, but my knife skimmed one of their arms."

"One of who's arms?" Edaline asked. 

"The-The- The Neverseen. They're back." 

Grady honestly looked ready to punch me for letting Sophie get captured, and trigger mass panic, and lots of screaming, but everyone shut up when we heard a voice. Ro. We all jumped, because we'd forgotten she was there.

"Uh guys. Sophie's......"

Hehehehehe. Bet you weren't expecting that were you? Oh. You were? Whatever. Hope you liked it anyway! Omg. This is pretty long. Wow. Ok. Comment what you think and thank you so much for reading!

-LoveBooks151515