Wet Dreamz: Part 12

I ran down the steps when I heard my mother yell my name as if she was dying or something. When I got to the kichen I noticed she was standing up perfectly fine cooking something to eat. I jumped up onto the counter swinging my legs as I placed my palms on the counter looking over at her. "What's on your mind sweetheart?" She asked me and I sighed shrugging my shoulders. I still kind of felt bad about the whole situation with Jermaine's friends. They were right, he hasn't even really been around much and that's not fair to them. I've been through that in the past, a friend leacing cause they liked someone or was with someone. It's neglecting and I hate being neglected myself. I told Jermaine that I'd love to kick it with him and his friends but don't leave them hanging. He always just brushes the conversation off.

"Nothing , just school. Im happy I made all the honors classes and Id graduate this year. this is just great." A smile spread across my face and one spread across hers as well

"I'm glad you got into them all baby, I'm mad I have to leave tomorrow because we could go celebrate, but I will defiantly get you something and it'll be here when you come home tomorrow you'll see it." She told me as she finished up dinner and put the food on the plate for me. 

"Awh mommy I cant wait to see what you get. You be knowing everything to get me girlll." I joked a little staying on the counter grabbing a fork and started to eat the spaghetti she prepared for us. 

"You know we got the same taste in just about everything from clothes to men, girl please." She told me. I laughed a little bit at what she just said. "So speaking of men, have you met one at your school yet?"

"Nope, I'm working on my school work right now. Niggas don't really mean anything to me while I'm in the middle of doing school." I lied half way eating my food. She put on a half smile. 

"Live your life too, School is more than important but have a social life too because I don't want you crammed up in this house by yourself everytime I leave. Meet some girls and boys so you can have some friends." 

"Alright mommy. I'll try." She nodded and went to go eat in the living room.  The things she says always gets to me because she hates that i've never been too social. 

-

The next day when I went to school I didn't talk to anyone, I just stayed to myself because i was feeling some type of way about my mom. I didn't like the fact she wouldn't be home for a month, I think I hugged her for about an hour befire I left for school this morning. I know I can call and skype her but it's not the same as seeing her when I get home from school. It's kind of weird not having her around honestly. It's just me and my mom, she's basically all I have, so I can't not be around her. I hate that her job always got her leaving for so long, shit it's hard not seeing her. 

"Hey you." I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Cory and Darcy standing there, I raised my eyebrow confused as why they were trying to talk to me. "I know you probably weirded out but we wanted to invite you to this party that's going on tonight. It's at the teen club at eleven." 

"I don't know if I should go, why woul you guys want to invite me anyways? Don't you guys think I'm the reason Jermaine isn't around anymore?"  

"Sweetie, we don't care about that anymore. We're trying to invite you to a part we throwing. If you not going to come because of Jermaine then child I feel bad for you." Darcy chuckled shaking her head at me. I chewed the inside of my cheek before snatching the invite. 

"If I don't come it's not because of Jay, it's because I simply didn't want too. I do what i want and whther he's there or not doesn't determine me. We aren't even dating." I rolled my eyes sticking the invite into my bag. 

"Hey , could've fooled up. Everyone in school thinks you two are a thing anyways." I raised my eyebrows at Darcy's statement. "Oh and tell Jay he's more than welcome to come if he wants too." She turned around and left me where i was. Cory shrugged them jogged after her and they walked down to where ever they were going. 

I didn't even know people in school thought Jay and I were a thing. I mean we've been around each other for the longest but I've never heard a rumor saying we were dating. I don't know maybe I've been just real blind to the obvious shit and i haven't been paying too much attention but I really need to open my eyes. If people think we're together then something has to give because he hasn't asked me out. 

Jermaine

I had a real long night, between my mom cursing the teachers and the twins out, Aaliyah fucking her boyfriend in her room and being loud, and me having a lot on my mind I didn't feel too good. Shit wasn't sitting right with me, then when I get to school I can't find Kayla any where. Shit's annoying because the one person I need to see is basically no where to be found. I ran into Chance but he just ignored me as if we weren't friends before. It hurt because we were friends for years but I do blame myself. I mean I've been ditching them for Kayla. It wasn't never intentional.  Most of the stuff they said was right though, I did ditch them and I didn't realize how they felt about it until yesterday. 

"Mr. Cole you're late."  Mrs. Roxy said to me as I walked into the classroom. I shrugged my shoulders and went to sit in my normal seat, which was in front of Cory and right in the middle of Chance and Darcy. "Home work?" 

"Yeah I got it. You want it now?" I asked and she nodded. I pulled it out and told them to pass it down to the front then I dropped my book bag onto the floor. I'm not supposed to carry it but I didn't go to my locker today, I didn't feel like it. 

"You coming to the party tonight? It's in the middle of the hood, you know the teens club." Darcy said with a smile.

"Nah you know somebody always getting shot in there and ain't nobody allowed down there." I told them and Cory smirked a little. "Fuck you smirking for?" 

"We put you girl D, she going to the party tonight. I mean we're going too, Chris is throwing the party and told us to give invitations out. Everyones whos anyone is going to be there." I looked at Cory who still carried the smirk. 

"It kills me because y'all know what goes on down there,w hat the fuck type of people do that to a girl who don't know shit about down there. y'all sick as fuck." I stood up angrily and Mrs. Roxy looked at me crazy. "I know we going through something as friends but to send someone down there is wrong. I ain't fuckin' with y'all no more. Y'all know the area, she don't." I pushed past chance who didn't say anything to me the whole time I was there. For some reason I knew he ain't have shit to do with that, he never stooped as low as they did in situations. 

They wrong and they really lost me as a friend this time. Not because of Kayla but because of the childishness. The only one I'm going to try to make amends with is chance, only because he's not childish.