Wet Dreamz: Part 9

"Well just tell the boy about you, love."

The text I received from my mother was basically informing me to talk to Jermaine. We've been walking in the snow for about fifteen minutes. The hot cocoa was good from that shop. He seemed a little disappointed when I didn't tell him about me. It's nothing major its just I hate talking about my family life. My dad is dead, my mom is hardly home and I don't have siblings. Yeah, I stay in a nice neighborhood. The neighborhood that all the kids in school call the whities. It's a lot of African American people who live there but no one tells them where they live. Shit, you'll get teased up here just for having a little bit of money and having with some kids don't. It may sound stupid and to be honest it really is, you can't tease people for that. It's stupid but no one cares how you feel. 

"You're going to stand there and not say nothing to me?" Jermaine asked me , I came back to reality and realized that we were outside of an apartment building. I looked up at him biting the side of my bottom lip. 

"Sorry, I was zoned out. Where are we at?" I asked him. That's when I see two little boys who looked identical came running down the steps with some sleds in their hand. 

"YES ! IT'S ENOUGH SNOW KATO." The one who looked a little older said as he hit the last jumping into the snow. He handed Jermaine a sled then the other one handed me one then they both started dragging theirs. 

"You don't mind going sledding down the hill in the park do you? It's my turn to watch them so I can't stay outside if they're not with me."  We followed behind the two as they happily dragged their sleds and talked two each other. 

"I don't mind at all. They're so cute." I smiled brightly. The oldest one turned around a little bit then winked at me. I widened my eyes a little bit looking over at Jermaine. "How old are they? He just winked at me." 

"Seven. He's the little flirt, Kato's the quiet and sweet one. They're twins but they're two totally different boys trust me. Kari's a trouble maker and he drags Kato into his stuff that's why my mom think they're devils. In reality it's just Kari." 

"Don't call him a devil." I laughed shaking my head. 

"It's the truth. He's mean to most of the kids in school and wonder why they always calling my mother. Kato and Kari had to get separated because the teachers wanted to know if Kari was the one who always got Kato in trouble. That proved them right when they seperated them cause' they seen that Kari was a bad ass alone or with Kato, and Kato was quiet." 

"Oh okay, you can call him that his little bad ass." Kari turned to me again glaring at me before we walked up the snowy pathway towards the semi-tall hill in the middle of the neighorhood park.

When we got up there we noticed it was a couple kids already up there about to go down. I held the sled between my legs watching Kari and Kato help each other out with setting their sleds down. They were just talking and I smiled at them until I felt arms wrap around my waist. I looked down to see they were Jermaine's , he planted a kiss on the side of my face. "Jermaine. My dad passed away not too long ago, my mother works a whole lot. Before my dad passed he worked in the service, he died in the war. His partners were careless and let him take a bullet that was coming right at him. I don't have any siblings and I live over there in Wanamaker. My mother goes out of town a lot for work cause' she always has things to do in other places. She thinks buying me whatever I want and letting me do what I want will make me feel better but it doesn't."

There was a long pause before I started talking once again. "I don't have many friends besides Heather and Haley. They're only my friends because I just met them when I came here, I am so used to moving a lot. My mother promised I can stay here as long as I want, I graduate this year and she said she'll let me have the house when I do. Then I'll really be alone.. I'm tired of being alone.. Jermaine." 

"Look." He turned me to face him and he looked down at me after glancing over at the twins. "I'm glad you were able to open up to me , even though you're a little late. Don't feel alone, me and my niggas your friends as well. Don't think you're going to be alone , we got this. You won't feel alone no more with me around alright?" 

"You promise?" I asked looking up at him and he chuckled nodding his head pecking my lips softly. When he pulled away I just bit down on my bottom lip, causing him to laugh a little and run his finger across my skin making my bottom lip unwrap from under my teeth.

"MY NIGGAS!" We heard Cory's loud ass voice. Jermaine turned to see Chance and Cory walking up with some girl trailing behind them talking to the twins. Chance came over lifting me off my feet hugging me and I laughed.

"You niggas always come messing something up I swear." Jermaine mumbled and everyone laughed. 

When Cory put me down I sent my mother a quick text. I watched as everyone talked and then I sat down on the sled. I put my phone back in my bra, then Kari jumped in the front of the sled with me then we started going down the hill. I screamed loudly holding onto him tightly and he just laughed as we sped quickly down the hill. When we hit the bottom we went into a huge pile of snow , causing me to be completely covered. "KARI I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" I yelled jumping out the snow and he ran down the park and I chased after him. Little fucker.