Chapter 8: Coincidences and Realizations

The day went on like normal school until it was time for everyone to go on home. Before school was over, Mr. Aizawa wanted to talk to Aluna. 

"Aluna." Mr. Aizawa called out from behind his desk. She looked up at him in acknowledgment.

"I need to talk to you before you leave."

Aluna nodded her head and continued to put her stuff away. Katsuki looked up and watched the interaction curiously. Before everyone left the class, Aluna's new friends said goodbye and Katsuki told Aluna he would wait for her by the school gate.

Aluna nodded and went over to Mr. Aizawa's desk.

"Yes, Sensei?"

"I went through your records and found out you were saved from the shifter dispute, am I correct?"

Aluna widened her eyes for a second but slowly nodded. There was no point in lying, regardless of the reason Mr. Aizawa called her up there.

"Yes, sir, I was. Why?" She swallowed.

"Are you aware of the powers that come from over there?" Mr. Aizawa asked looking at her crossing his arms over his chest, leaning back in his chair. He was gauging her reaction. Whether or not she knew the ins and outs of the situation.

"Um yeah, they're animal shifters depending on your family." Aluna said nervously and shifted in her spot.

"That is correct." Mr. Aizawa paused before speaking again. "I am aware that you come from the Royal family. I was watching you during the assessment test, and you used none of your shifter powers. Why is that?" Mr. Aizawa asked in a stern tone.

Aluna flinched for a second before ticking awkwardly under his gaze.

"Well, Mr. Aizawa, I would but, I don't know if I have shifter powers. The doctors said I would have gotten my shifter abilities at the age of 2 but I'm now 15 and don't have them yet. I don't even know what they are or what they do." Aluna said looking anywhere but him.

"Have you ever experienced anything that could be your powers?" Mr. Aizawa asked folding his hands on his desk.

"Um well, sometimes when I focus hard, like in the entrance exams, my senses become sharper and my eyes can lock onto a specific target. I didn't really think of it as my powers." Aluna said shrugging at the ground. Which was true. She never really talked about it. It wasn't strong enough for her to consider it something out of the ordinary.

Mr. Aizawa was annoyed at this point. For the young girl in front of him being this dense.  The signs were right in front of her.

"Aluna, how on earth did you think that that was just a coincidence?" Mr. Aizawa huffed out rubbing his temples.

"I- well... I didn't want to jump to conclusions." Aluna mumbled. Which was also true. She did not want to call it something it wasn't.

Mr. Aizawa stared at the clueless girl before sighing.

"Alright then. If anything else changes, tell me." He said spinning in the chair so he faces the chalkboard.

"Yes, Sensei. See you tomorrow." Aluna nodded grabbing her bag and rushing out of the school. She walked to the front and got in her mom's car next to Katsuki.

"Hey, Luna. How was school?" Mitsuki asked putting the car in gear.

"Pretty good. Just needed to talk to Aizawa for a second." Aluna said popping an AirPod in her ear.

Katsuki was scrolling through his phone not paying attention to anything until the trio made it back home.

Aluna opened her door and had one mission.