Chapter 32: Mall Encounter

3rd person POV

"Get out of my car and have a good day brats. Love you both." Mitsuki stopped the car and unlocked the doors.

"Bye mom." Aluna giggled and hopped out of the car.

"Bye witch." Katsuki slammed his door and round the car to stand next to his sister, who was stretching and cracking her back.

"Summer break." Katsuki muttered as they both walked to the door of the school building.

"Yep. Can't wait. We can't take long breaks since we have training camp though." Aluna sighed.

"And yet we're still being dragged to America for mom's family reunion." Katsuki grumbled.

"You love Portland and you love hanging out with our cousins. Don't even lie. I have receipts boy." Aluna snorted at the memories from their last family reunion. It was a pretty interesting get together.

For reference, Katsuki and Aluna have 24 cousin from both sides of the family. The oldest being 30, and the youngest being 3 months old. Katsuki and Aluna were the awkward middles teenagers while the rest ranged from 18-30 and 10-3 months. They were known as the Bakugo twins because of how close their birthdays were and that weird telepathy thing they do with their eyes. Thanksgiving is interesting with Mitsuki's family because everyone tries to voice their opinions at the same time and the conversations usually don't make any sense, leaving Katsuki and Aluna making eye contact and busting out laughing when they hear something random at the table.

"I guess I only like it because of Kenji, Kyra, and Hise." Katsuki rolled his eyes.

"Another lie, but I'll give you those three. And you only like Kenji cause he let us ride his ATV's." Aluna laughed.

"That's a reasonable reason." Katsuki shrugged as they entered Class 1-A.

Upon arrival, they were hit with the aura of sorrow leaking off the student who failed the final exam.

"Everyone. I'm looking forward to hearing all of your stories of how fun camp was." Mina whimpered in shame.

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go! There might be a last-minute twist or something." Deku said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Stop, Midoriya. By saying that out loud, you're just jinxing them." Sero put his hand on Deku's shoulder. His attempts at making them feel better fell on deaf ears.

"They said whoever failed exams would have to skip training camp and move to summer school hell. We didn't pass the practicals, so we're doomed. Don't you get it, Midoriya?! Or did All Might knock all the brains outta you?!" Kaminari yelled and plunged two fingers into Deku's eyes making him Yelp in pain.

"Ease up, Kaminari. I'm not sure I'll get to go, either. Our team only passed thanks to Aluna. I got knocked out, and since we don't know how they're scoring stuff, I might have flunked." Sero said and Aluna snorted from behind him. He turned around and gave her a look, and Aluna cleared her throat and straightened her face.

"That's not funny at all." Aluna shook her head.

"At least bring us back lots of camp souvenirs, please?!" Kaminari wailed as Deku squirmed around holding his eyes.

"Once the bell rings you should be in your seats." Mr. Aizawa slid the classroom door open and everyone leaped into their seats, silent.

"Morning. Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So, when it comes to the training camp in the woods...

Everyone is going!" Mr. Aizawa grinned at the class.

"It's a last-minute twist!" Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sato yelled.