Chapter 42: I'm Sorry

The Symbol of Peace.

All Might.

Symbol of Evil.

All for One.

Head to head in Camino Ward.

All Might exposed his small might form. All for One thought it would loosen everyone's faith in him. Crashing down his public image would surely break him down.

But he was wrong.

The Symbol of Peace could not be broken down that easily. For it wasn't just a front. All Might was the Symbol of Peace from the inside out. The strongest defense against evil.

Number 1.

With that fire and Encouragement, All Might used the last of his strength to deliver his final and probably most powerful Smash.

United States of Smash.

Pretty gnarly.

Katsuki could barely focus on the fight until All Might changed to his smaller form.

Aluna was gone and now his favorite hero of all time was on the brink of death because of him.

If he had never been kidnapped...

He had no time to think about that.

Aluna was gone. No trace, no nothing.

He didn't even see her go.

Todoroki was a train wreck. In absolute shambles. Sure, they got Katsuki back, but what about Aluna? Where was she?

After watching All Might end his whole career, the panic fully set in.

Great, Japan was safe, but Aluna was not.

His world wasn't.

Her location?

Not ideal.

Aluna lay in Lion form, in a field, surrounded by a pool of her own blood. She had made the switch about halfway into the fight.

But she would hardly call it a fight.

Her uncle gave her no chance to counter.

The beating of a lifetime.

She may have been skilled against her classmates, but it was impossible for someone on his level, with his caliber.

He was too strong.

Her breaths were heavy and stuffy. Her lungs trying to not choke on her blood.

Above her stood her uncle. A single scratch lay across his chest as he stared down at his niece. He would have felt bad if Aluna didn't look exactly like her father. That resemblance would be her demise in the future.

"There's no point anymore. You can't move. We'll meet again soon. And when we do, don't make it such an easy fight." Talos stepped over her and walked away.

Aluna couldn't see it, but a black portal with green lighting consumed Him as he walked. He was gone in an instant.

He left her for dead.

The sight truly wasn't a good one.

In both human and Lion forms, Aluna was beaten to probably the point of no return. She was too tired to switch back into herself.

Scratches, gashes, blood everywhere. Her jaw was broken and she had a massive scratch over her left eye. Her tail was practically gone and all four of her paws were stained red with her own blood.