Chapter 53: Heart to Heart

Aluna stumbled back into The Heights Alliance, eyes glossed with tears that no longer had the will power to fall. They just sat idly by, obstructing Aluna's view of the world.

The police had brought her back. She didn't know that they were going to do with Dabi now, or even if they were going to let her be a hero. She was...confused. Conflicted. Cracked. Another negative C word.

She needed someone. Anyone. But she knew she shouldn't leave campus. She didn't know if the police put a tracker in her while she was out at the prison. Best not raise anymore suspicion.

So she dragged her heavy feet into the elevator. She didn't know which floor to push. Shoto could still be mad at her. Deku and Katsuki needed their rest from the day. But so did everyone else.

She had to do it. If he was going to shrug her off she could always leave and go back to her room. It was worth a shot.

So she pressed her own floor. She couldn't go on like this. She needed to know if he was okay or still mad. If there was anyway to make it right. Cause it was her fault right? It seemed to be common occurrence.

If she stayed out of his way on the field, he would have been calm for the second test and he wouldn't have picked a fight with Inasa. He would have passed if she had just found another place to fight.

It was her fault.

Aluna stopped at the door and read the name plate.

Todoroki Shoto.

The default print very much screaming into her face that it was his room. Obviously.

She rose her hand to knock but realized that might wake someone up down the hall.

So she slipped under then door as an ant. The same way she got in the first day in the dorms.

Her nose was red, her eyes puffy, and he lips swollen from keeping them shut at the prison. She figured her blubbery crying would be awkward for Tsukauchi and Hawks.

Aluna looked around the room as herself again and saw nothing had really changed. Shoto's room still looked Japanese as ever. A few minor changes. A few picture of the both of them were framed on some surfaces.

Aluna ran her hand along the dark wood of his dresser before tucking her hands in her armpits for warmth. Her nose was stuffy and blocked, making small noises as she tried to breathe.

Aluna moved further into the room and noticed that Shoto wasn't in his futon. Or the bathroom. It was empty.

So where was he?

But her question was answered when his door opened to reveal Shoto with a water bottle in his hands. He was startled the presence in his dark room, so he quickly turned on the light.

He saw it was Aluna, his expression of surprise and anger quickly softening when he saw her state.

Her bloodshot eyes, her red nose, pudding cheeks and eyes, red ears, the stand off position. She was upset. And he wanted to know why.

"Aluna? What happened? What going on?" He quickly asked and put his water down.

Aluna opened her mouth to speak but a whimper simply came out. She quickly shut it to take a deep breath, but her nose was blocked. Her right hand went over her mouth as she slumped. Shoto walked closer, unsure of what to do, but Aluna quickly pulled herself together in order to talk.

"I- um- I know you're upset with me, but- um- I just- I really need someone right now. You can go back to being mad tomorrow and I'll respect your boundaries and feelings, I just really need you and-"