Top secret

Mako: "I have to go back, I don't believe it" he was about to run back into the window

Bolin: "stop!..Just stop" tears came down his face "it's no use, they're was 7 of them and she had nothing to protect herself with, she had zero chance of getting out of there and you know that!" He watched his brother punch the wall in frustration "let's just go home and think of something, I can't lose you too"

Mako: "I-..." he couldn't form a sentence so he just nodded

Mako and Bolin got back inside the car and drove back home with Layla in the back seat. They made it home and found Asami in the room with the monitors still frozen. They held onto the girl and she finally broke, she cried as the pain hit her.

Asami continued to sob, she couldn't breathe correctly anymore. She held onto the boys tightly as they held onto her

Asami: "she's gone" she struggled to say "I shouldn't have let her out of my sight"

Asami noticed the little girl in the corner of the room playing with the coin Korra gave her, it brought back a memory Asami had when she first saw Korra.

—Asami's memory—

We were taking a pop quiz in math class, that was the day the Smiths joined our school. We didn't really expect them to know what to do since we were already in the middle of first semester, but we were wrong, they were the first to finish. Me and Opal were shocked that they finished in that time.

Me and Opal saw Ms. Jen walking up to Korra's group with 4 papers, and passed them back to them.

Ms. Jen: "well done you 4" she smiled "perfect scores" she walked back to her desk

I looked up at a shocked Opal and looked at the table behind her to find Bolin and Kai arm wrestling while Mako was reading a book and Korra was playing with some kind of coin. And that's when I wondered 'who are these people'

end of memory—

Layla: "it's all my fault" the girl cried "she's dead because of me"

Asami: "what?" She released the boys and walked to the girl and bent down to her knee to meet her eyes "sweetie it's not your fault"

Layla: "it is" she started to cry "Korra was just trying to help me"

Asami: "Layla..." she hugged the girl 'wait a minute Korra never mentioned her name to the girl, neither did the boys, they called Korra 'boss' the whole time' "how'd you know her name?"

Mako: "it was a trap wasn't it?" he walked up to the little girl

Layla: "I'm sorry" she sobbed "my father forced me to do it" she couldn't breathe anymore "I didn't think they would kill her"

Senna: "who's your father?"

Layla: "Zaheer" she hid her face in her hands

Everyone's eyes widened as the girl talked

Layla: "he said I had to act desperate to escape the cell, but I didn't want her to be in danger." she struggled to talk. "I hid under the covers to avoid the mission, but she saw me, she wasn't supposed to see me." tears fell continuously "I wanted to tell her but I couldn't because I thought she would leave me behind." she rubbed the coin to calm herself down, she took in a breath "I didn't think they would kill her"

Bolin: "how are we going to tell Kai?"

Senna: "that's another problem, he's missing"