A Two Sided Story

—Korra's Pov—

Layla told me everything about her father, she told me how Zaheer treated her differently the day her mother died.

Layla: "and then he told me to stay in the cell till you and your brothers come" she explained to me "but I didn't want to be the bad guy, so I hid under the covers, but you still saw me, you asked me to tell you where Yasuko went and I told you she was taken, then you helped me out the cell and we had to exit through a vent, which I hated but that's when you gave me this." she showed me my lucky coin "you told me when ever I'm scared to rub it and all my nerves will go away, anyways, by the time I got in the vent it was too late for you, you were surrounded and captured by my father's men"

She told me this without any type of stutter, she wasn't making it up, maybe she was just a good liar, I don't know what to believe. I knew she wasn't lying about the coin though, it was true, that coin got me through a lot, but for some reason I can't remember how I even got it in the first place. My thought was interrupted when I heard foot steps coming down the stairs.

Korra: "Princess! Joining us for a late night snack?" I asked her

Princess: "why do you continue to call me Princess?" She crossed her arms

To be honest I forgot her name,no matter how many times Layla said it I would forget, it was like... A...Alisa?, wait no it was...wasabi? No that doesn't sound right, I couldn't help but chuckle...Wasabi, imagine.

Korra: "because I know it annoys you"

Princess: "right" she rolled her eyes "so what you guys doing other than eating cereal"

Layla: "I was telling Korra about my father"

I noticed as the girl's green eyes widen, it's like Layla said something bad.

Princess: "what did you tell her exactly?" She raised a eyebrow at the girl sitting next to me

Layla: "how she was captured by him" she spoke bluntly with a shrugged "but only my part in the story, I didn't really know what happened before she met me"

Princess: "well she'll find out tomorrow when her brothers come"

Korra: "hell no, I don't want those traitors near me" I crossed my arms

I haven't seen my brother since the day of the break in, the day they betrayed me.

Princess: "Korra, you clearly have the wrong story, when your brothers come over we'll explain everything, okay?"

Korra: "whatever Princess" I got up putting my bowl in the sink

Princess: "hey Korra?"

Korra: "yes Princess?"

Princess: "say my name"

Fuck

Korra: "what?"

Princess: "I said say my name" she crossed her arms, not gonna lie... she scares me

Korra: "Princess" I smirked trying to get out of this situation

Princess: "you don't remember my name!"

Korra: "I do!"

Princess: "you're lying!"

Korra: "am not!" oh I definitely was

Princess: "I know you pretty well, brainwashed or not you fidget with your fingers when you lie"

Korra: "why do you act like you know me?"