23

| DANIELAS POV |

After driving for two hours we finally arrived at a lake, apparently Kai wanted to go to his favorite one.
Once he parks I look around getting out of the car and stare in awe.
This place was beautiful, who knew a sociopath could pick out beautiful places.

I watch as he takes out his bag and walks ahead of me, I grab my bag and start following him.
I was curious as to why this was his favorite lake, yes it was beautiful but there has to be something Else.

"Why is this your favorite lake?" He turns his head and smiles humming.

"The memories mostly, I used to come here when I was sad, back when I could feel.
Jo, my twin showed me this place when we turned 8, we would always play around here.
Sometimes she would even give me magic and let me practice."
I see a slight smile as he talks about his memories and that makes made me smile.

He was good deep down, he just needed someone to be there for him. I nod and sigh.

"Do you regret it?" He looks down at me and stops walking.

"No." He says and keeps walking.
I don't know why I try looking for good in him.
He's a sociopath, they can't feel.
I sigh and follow him until he stops walking, I look up from the ground and see a beautiful waterfall with a very beautiful lake.

"Wow, It's beautiful." He nods and starts taking his clothes off.
I look away and set down my bag setting up my towel for later and setting up my clothes.
I look at the water and start getting in, it was freezing but I was used to it.

I stay in the shallow water, I never knew how to swim and it sucked.
Before I could think about anything else I feel myself being pushed into the water.
I gasp and try swimming back to the top but I couldn't.

I hear another splash and I look around to see Kai coming towards me.
I feel his hand wrap around my waist and I watch as I see us going up to the surface.

Once we get to the top I take in a deep breathe and clung into Kai.

"Can you not swim?" I look over at him and glare.

"NO! You fucking dick! I could have drowned!" He chuckles slightly and starts swimming away.
I panic and grab his arm, he looks back at me and smirks.

"Take me back to the shallow Kai." He gives me a knowing look and I start to shake my head as he pulls me towards him.

"Kai no! I can't swim!" I look at him with a concerned expression as he smiles.

"I'll teach you, come on. Put your arms and feet out, I'll be holding you until you learn."
I shake my head as he starts pulling my legs up to float.
I grab his arm as my legs go up, he prays my fingers off of his arm as he comes around to hold my stomach.

I feel as his rings touch my stomach, as I try keeping my head up.

"Okay, now start paddling your feet." I start paddling as I hear splashes and Kai chuckling. I feel his hand push down my legs until they are u underwater.
"Keep your feet underwater, and keep your hands i front of you. Start moving your hands Dani."

I nod and say a quick okay as I start moving my arms and feet.
I feel as I start lifting off of Kai's fingers and panic.
"Don't let me go!!" He laughs and starts grabbing me.

"I'm flattered really Daniela, but I think your obsession is getting out of hand." He says as he smirks, I give him a glare and start paddling again.