Chapter 13

Engaged.

That single word alone was enough to bring an undeniable doom to the little girl. What's more, the preparation for its public announcement would be held in seven days prior. To make it more unavoidable, it was also scheduled to her eleventh birthday, which also coincidentally to be her fiancee's nineteenth birthday.

Such a thing to happen all of a sudden, Vrylle could feel her headache won't go for the time being.

The very next day after that night which made the little girl unable to sleep a wink, Vrylle acted as if nothing happened, acting as normal as she possibly could.

Even with a lack of sleep, she attended all her classes and did not skip even her trainings. Vrylle also had tea time with Everett at noon, then at night had dinner with her family.

But back in the dining hall while she was quietly observing the father-son duo, Vrylle noticed that Everett possibly did not know yet that she was finally engaged.

The reason was simple, if Everett knew, he will surely ask about that subject. Knowing his personality, the young Paladin would no doubt make a fuss about of it, pestering her or the Duke to stop such nonsense.

So since Everett did not act in such a way, Vrylle thought that was the only case.

[New skill acquired: Sprint (A)]

While running through the woods at the backside of the Estate as fast as Vrylle could do, she abruptly stopped after hearing from Phantom that she had acquired a new skill.

Feeling refreshed, she immediately activated the new acquired skill and moved again. The corner of her lips curved up.

Right after dinner, Vrylle walked back to her chamber and changed into her pajamas. Then the usual, she snuck out of her room from the veranda and quickly go to the woods.

Since she knew that obtaining new skill would be possible if she performs things on her own, that was why she started running in hope to acquire a skill that is related for her to move fast.

She ran slower from the beginning, and then sped up her pace every half an hour. Fortunately, after five hours of resilient running, she indeed acquired a skill she wanted.

Such skill will also help her footwork for sure, though it might be taxing to her Constitution and Dexterity at first. But by the time she got use to it, it will no doubt boosted those Attributes as well.

No pain, no gain, by the way.

Vrylle then kept running and sometimes dishing attacks from her imaginary opponent using her in-house sword. The attacks were random while Ghost, in its smokey, shadowy form, doing its own training that Vrylle ordered it to do.

Ghost doesn't have any skill yet despite doing the same trainings alongside her, so Vrylle also hoped for her familiar to obtain one. It does not matter what or which kind of skill Ghost would acquire as long as it improves its overall combat ability.

As someone who will fight alongside her in the future, doing quest here and there, Ghost needed to be strong.

They only had each other, so relaying would be normal.

The intermediate training continued until it lasted for another two hours. Afterward, Vrylle carefully snuck back in into her chamber and changed again with a new set of clean pajamas.

And since she succeeded to get what she wanted, also for Ghost to finally got a passive skill, Devour, which she had no idea how her familiar got such skill, Vrylle finally able to sleep. A sweet, dreamless, and comfortable sleep.