Chapter 17

Morning came and the three people who were bound and locked inside the carriage still didn't regain their consciousness. How about the coachman who has nothing to do with the abductors' mission and was not on the list was left behind on their way while recovering their horses.

If the coachman survived, then it does mean that he was lucky. But the chances of him being alive was very low.

With monsters and mutated animals alike lurking in the forest that very night, the coachman needed a hundred vials of luck potion for him to escape such predicament.

That being the case, neither he lives nor dies does not necessarily amount them anything at all. Besides, the coachman was just an ordinary man, so with a zero doubt, he will surely die.

"Damn. I'm fuckin' exhausted. Hey, Mister, are we there yet?"

Puck, a Mercenary who became Hajin's replacement, impatiently inquired. He was new, the last one who joined the group, so of course, he knew much less compared to the others, and given just the basics.

What also the leader of their group had said was to deliver the people they had abducted to the second group who were waiting for them at the Southern part of this dangerous place.

Then after that, mission complete. That was all. Too simple, isn't it?

However, in this seemingly simple mission, people were divided into three groups, which Puck find it very strange.

Group A, which were them, was responsible for abduction and getting rid of even the slightest of evidence and traces.

Group B, was the one who were responsible for, no doubt, torture and killings. He could easily surmise it that way since he was no amateur to such thing.

Then for Group C, it was probably for cleanup, it could also be for backup if some unexpected things were to happen.

"Stop asking occasionally, brat. Just continue moving, and we will get there before we know it."

Darwin, the leader of the group and also the one who was assigned to look after Puck since the brat looks like an idiot who can easily commit mistakes, unhurriedly answered as they continued to trotted forward with their horses.

Even though they were used on walking and running, riding horses and other transportational means were still preferable and convenient to use.

Let alone they've been traveling for about twelve to fourteen hours already.

With only short naps, few bites of food to tamed their rumbling bellies, and a sip of water to quenched their thirst, as a Mercenary who prioritizes their own gains, they would never forget to take good care of their selves in any way possible.

Eat, if there are foods to eat. Anything will do so long as it was edible.

Drink, if there are things to drink. So long as it wasn't poisonous, anything would do.

And sleep, even if it was only for a few minutes, a nap wouldn't be that bad.

Grabbing anything to improved their constitution in the middle of any mission is a must that each of the Mercenaries could not possibly neglect.

With their lives exposed in a higher level of danger compared to those Adventurers who had Guilds to support them from their backs, they had to pull any cards they have had under their sleeves in any given moment of needs.

If they die, all of their hard work will be in vain. What's make it more unfortunate was that not even a single copper could be sent to their families if they died in the middle of their missions.