Chapter 23

Spatial Dimension comes with different forms thanks to the combined efforts of magic and alchemy. It also thanks to these two's collaboration that different variety of scrolls were invented, making a lot of things more convenient to do and handle.

Such examples were the Transfer Scroll and Contract Scroll. There's also these potions and other more.

Those incredible inventions were not easily obtained just because those people wanted it. With their sweats and tears, rigorous work, countless failures, emotional, physical, and psychological strains, that's how it all became possible.

"Stop eating, Mage. What will you do if a sudden fight breaks out and you're that full, barely moving. Can you still fight? Tsk."

Three hours have passed since the two Mercenaries signed the contract and temporarily joined Rusty and Vrylle's group. Since then, the Knight, Rusty, and the Mage, Alex, seems like a cat and a mouse, never fails to find a word to fry the other.

The twos action, however, gives Vrylle and Valdez some entertainment for the time being.

"Even with closed eyes, I can fight. That's how awesome I am. You Knight just have to worry about yourself. You look like you was about to fall. Heh!"

"A dog who knew nothing but to bark, was no bite. Congratulations, Mage. You fit the bill."

"...W, What did you say?!"

As expected, the two stood up and engaged into a 'sparring session'... again, for the third time. They attack and defend, then attack and defend again, but it was obvious with each of their attacks didn't dare to seriously injure their 'opponent'. It was just enough to let off some steam.

While the two were busy 'playing' with each other, Vrylle and Valdez were so leisure, watching them by the side while having their own conversation with a smile pasted on their faces.

The inside of the cave was not small and narrow, but it wasn't that big and wide, either. Just spacious enough to rest while doing some 'exercises' if necessary. For four people, the place was decent. Good to do some things while waiting for another wave.

Rusty, Valdez, and Alex, these three men were always on high alert despite their laid back attitude. It was because they didn't know that there was no other wave to come. They were oblivious that that was the last wave. That the odd way of the monsters' retreat was because of the conclusion of the Dungeon Break.

Based on what Phantom prompted Vrylle halfway while all the monsters were busy scurrying away, the last wave ended and the monsters were giving half an hour to come back inside their designated Dungeon before the barrier reappears and preventing them from coming in.

Monsters who fail to enter their home Dungeon were bound to lose three-forth of their power and strength, giving them quite a disadvantage.

As a creature who rely with their instinct and by the power and strength of their opponents, it was a loss since they could be easily overwhelmed.

That was why the monsters hurried back.

Unfortunately for those monsters who failed to come back in time, they were now lurking around the Hunting Ground, waiting for a kill or be killed.

Whereas, monsters who were capable to lead and long since gave up on coming back because of many reasons, built their own stronghold in some part of the Hunting Ground and created their own 'Circle of Family'.

That's when Phantom issued a mission. A mission for Vrylle to kill the remaining enemies within the area. Humans and monsters alike.

"Rusty and Mr. Alex seems to get along well. They might be good friends in the future, right Mr. Valdez?"