Chapter 18

After giving time for the horses to rest and heal some of the Mercenaries who got affected by the barrier, Group A left, and the carriage was handed by the second group, which was the Group B.

The leader, Valdez, then instructed the members to proceed forward, so they could arrive at the appointed place before night falls.

It was an urgent matter. If they arrived there a bit late, a casualty that was severe for all them to handle was evident. In a simple wording, they will suffer a defeat, no, the word defeat is too light, a better phrase to use is... right, annihilation, if they were not careful and prepared enough.

Because of the sudden event, Group B and C were merged together in a last minute and became one. The reason was because of that said event, which was still fortunate for them to knew before it really happens.

Fortunate because at least, they could prepare themselves and crack up a plan.

It was better than nothing.

As the group were now silently yet vigilantly heading to where the previous Group C's members were, they had one thought in mind, and that is to survive tonight's upcoming horror.

Escaping wasn't a choice either. If they escape, just what all those earlier preparations for? Their lives are indeed important. But the reward that was waiting for them were worth risking their lives for.

Especially for those men who were in grave needs.

Much time passed and dusk was approaching, giving the Mercenaries a chain of nervous to worrying look.

When each of them accepted the mission, they did not expect, or more accurately, rule out the possibility of the danger the mission held since it was rather a typical abducting to killing process, which all of them were so familiar and used to.

But who would have thought a Dungeon Break will soon happen? And that soon is only an hour away from now?

Yes. That sudden and upcoming event was a Dungeon Break.

If they didn't have a crystal that could detect the fluctuation of energy in their surroundings, and a Mage who could read a Meter Crystal, it was as if they were offering their selves to the monsters to be their nutrients.

The monsters will surely be grateful to them.

The medium level of the mission's risk became high overnight. Just why luck wasn't on their side?

With that being the case, the Mercenaries firmed their resolves to create their own so-called luck. As a kind of profession who has to deal with a lot more loss than gain, why would they need to lean on luck when they could create one themselves? Even if the process is somewhat down the hill?

They have been used to being unlucky, by the way, so what was new to their current situation?

"...Boss, it's about time."

Valdez quickly gave out his command about the formation they would be using for the first batch of monsters that will attack while the group kept on advancing.

Live or die, they still have to make sure to keep the target alive. Being killed by the monsters' wave and being killed by them are two different matter. Even if the result are both the same, the body that they would have to deliver back must contain wounds and injuries caused by torture, not by the monsters' causing havoc.

That was one of the rules they have had to complete. Their performance and the outcome of their mission also plays a greater role.

"...Ugh. Anyone also feels the dropping temperature? It's getting colder."