Chapter 29

Everything happened in a flash.

Ezra jumped away from the incoming explosion and shouted to the dazed Knights and Paladins to cast a shield. That was why, upon landing in front of his men, shields of different attributes erected. His men were overwhelmed by his voice and acted on instinct. Once the explosion occurred, as bloody mud and other debris scattered, no one was harmed.

"...What, what is happening?"

"Who was it?! Another enemy?"

While commotion amongst the Knights and Paladins occurred from behind him, beside Ezra, Everett, with his eyes squinting in a certain direction, patiently waited for the thin mist the explosion caused to settle in order to clearly see the face of the attacker. Raison, on the other side, subconsciously moved his hand to the hilt of his sword, ready to pull it out of its scabbard.

After Hanz had instilled doubt and disrupted the harmony amongst everyone, the men's initial thought was that it could be another enemy, probably trying to silence Hanz and the other two to prevent them from spilling any information whatsoever. The three themselves were oblivious about this and it could be seen as a last resort.

"Oh, sorry, sorry! My friends, relax! I mean no harm!"

That was when this cheeky voice sounded. It was a man's voice, deep and mature. When the mist settled and the surroundings became clear, Ezra and his men saw a man standing carelessly at the edge of the crater he caused.

The man was tall, around his mid-30s, and smiling at them with an embarrassed expression as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"I'm sorry, really! It's just, when I'm rushing to the Point, I sense this repulsing energy, emitting nothing but killing intent! I mean no harm! It's just an instinctual reflex!"

Indeed. Like what the man had said, Hanz was releasing such kind of energy. It really felt repulsing and the killing intent with it was so pure and thick, like a poisonous fog that was scorching their very skin.

After listening to their Commander and Vice Captain Hanz's conversation, the Knights and Paladins more or less guessed the story. That was why when Hanz released such repulsing, killing intent, everyone kind of understood where he was coming from.

But that did not justify what he did.

"Who are you?"

After what had happened, it was normal for Ezra to be doubtful. The gaze he gave to the stranger was as sharp as a sword, ready to cut.

Surprisingly, the man did not even flinch despite such a gaze. And to show the men on the other side of the crater that he really meant no harm, he raised both his hands in a surrendering motion, the embarrassment on his face deepening.

"Name's Marci! I'm an Adventurer! Look!"

To validate his words, the man named Marci first pulled out a badge from the five-inch bag that its strap wrapped around his waist. The said bag must be a spatial dimension considering that it also contained various herbs which Ezra was familiar with, and a rolled paper that did not have any wrinkles, all fitting inside.

As for the paper, it was a quest poster, and thanks to Ezra's optical skill, he could see the quest reward at the lower side corner of it despite the distance.

As for the badge, which was four inches in width, eight inches in length, and a few centimeters thick, it was made of gold, meaning that Marci guy was a Gold Rank Adventurer.

Adventurers, of course, were divided by their ranks. And such ranks were the solid evidence of their prowess and ability. It depended on what their badges were made of that one could identify the Adventurers' aptitude, meaning identifying how powerful and skillful they were.