Chapter 32

While things were starting to ease on Ezra's side, Vrylle, at the moment, who had barely dreamed since coming to Magnumium, maybe due to exhaustion or something else, dreamt for the second time in just a day.

In a seemingly long-lost dream, an unknown man appeared.

Vrylle, who lay on the bed, opened her eyes and the first thing her blurry sight fell upon was her wrist resting beside her head and the shackles around it being unbound. Groggily, Vrylle wondered why she was shackled, or more importantly, why it felt like a similar situation had happened before.

While rummaging through vague memories, fatigue suddenly struck Vrylle. Feeling simply too weak, she just let it be for the time being and weakly lifted her wrist out of the shackle, then turned over, succumbing to the uncomfortable sensation.

What Vrylle didn't know she subconsciously did was, when she turned over, like a sort of habit, she moved into the other man's arm who was just on the other side of the bed. Then the man gently adjusted her posture so that Vrylle could sleep better. While gently patting her on the back, the unknown man leaned forward and watched her.

Vrylle, who was sinking deeper and deeper into her abyss of slumber, then heard the echoing voice of the man fall into her ears.

"...You heartless little one. Do you really not remember me? Haa... Good thing I remember you. Remembered it all."

The man lowered his head and his forehead touched Vrylle's. They were close, but the man did not dare do anything more. He just watched Vrylle silently for quite a while, then muttered something before closing his eyes to fall asleep with Vrylle in his arms, looking quite contented.

Such a dream soon passed.

The next morning, Vrylle had a feeling that she had forgotten something, and that 'something' seemed to slowly crawl its way to the surface.

Even a dream so rare for her to come by, one that was supposed to be easy to recall once she woke up, Vrylle couldn't remember. It was like a hazy memory, full of dense fog. Such a feeling inevitably frustrated her, making Vrylle furrow her delicate brows.

"Vy, what happened? Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere? Come on, just tell brother."

Everett looked at Vrylle as if she were a porcelain doll, fearing a light touch could damage her fragile body. The vivid and genuine emotions leaking unrestrained out of Everett, such as fear, anxiety, worry, and unease, though she knew it was unbecoming, made Vrylle feel warm, and the tickling, fluttering sensation in her chest was quite addicting.

She knew that Everett had not left since, just like how Ezra had not returned and was busily doing his job and other things he needed to do.

Vrylle woke up around seven when breakfast had just been delivered. Everett patiently spoon-fed her and only started to eat his own meal after she finished her porridge, fruits, and even her milk.

That's how attentive he was.

"I'm fine, Brother. It's just a little headache."

Vrylle was indeed really having a slight headache as she tried to remember the dream that kept blurring the more she tried to unravel its layers.

What was it that made her feel like she had forgotten and lost something?

"Father relayed a message that he'll send you home first. Will you be fine, Vy?"

"Hmm? Of course, I will be fine, Brother. Why wouldn't I?"

Something seemed wrong with Everett. From his facial expression and the tone of his voice, Vrylle could feel that he was hiding something from her. But Vrylle could catch almost anything by the tail with just a bit of prying. What's more, it became easier since it was Everett, her adorable brother.