Chapter 15

Days passed by with the blink of an eye. Fortunately, those days were all worth tiring for, allowing Vrylle to gain a lot of experiences, and to top it off, for her Attributes to shot up explosively and acquired three more skills.

Blink.

Hover.

Fire Manipulation.

Just like the name implies, the skill speaks for themselves

Blink, was the kind of skill that allows the user to move as if they were teleporting. What's the difference between the two was massive, though.

If teleportation skill allowed one to move from one place to the other, Blink could only move the user at least every twenty to thirty meters at a time.

Then Hover, meant like its name. The skill made one's afloat, not moving at all, so it was far different from that of flying. At most, the skill could let the user afloat for about a hundred of meters high. Any higher will do no good and could make the skill unstable, resulting to a dangerous accident.

As for Fire Manipulation, it enabled Vrylle to have a good affinity and control over her other skill, Dark Flame. Thanks to this, it was much easier for her to use the said skill. What's more interesting was that she could also control normal fire.

Unfortunately, the skill did not give her at least one percent of fire resistance. So even though she could now manipulate any kinds of fire, it did not mean she will not be burned.

'How stingy.'

Vrylle's weapon affinity increases, too. It enabled her to wield any kinds of weapon much easier than before. Even it were swords, spear, bow, dagger, throwing knives, or even an oversized axe, she could handle them now with ease after many times of practicing which made her once soft, tender fingers and palms now blistered and callused.

She's improving very quickly, and it made her jovial.

However, that mood was rather brief since Vrylle knew that she will be busier once her engagement with the Crown Prince was announced.

Days passed by, yes, and tomorrow would be the very day her so-called freedom to do things she liked will be limited.

Very limited.

As a soon-to-be Crown Princess, Vrylle knew she would have had to accept then attend more classes. More lessons that will never going to benefit her will more certainly snuggling their way into her already packed schedule.

Worst, Vrylle had to reduce her training sessions, which made her frown and annoyed just by thinking of it.

Just how could she escape such predicament?

Tomorrow, tomorrow everything will surely change. A kind of change that she never consider even once. It was a change that will only chain her down and turned her path to become thorny.

To make the bitter taste in her mouth worse, Vrylle just simply dumped all the blame to the devious Crown Prince.

Two days ago, when Vrylle asked Ezra how things turned out like this, the Duke casually answered that it was the Crown Prince himself who proposed such idea to His Majesty. And since the very idea wasn't bad, the devious Prince did not have any difficulty to get the Emperor's consent. As for the result, it was obvious.

'That damned Prince. Just he waits. I'll make him pay for this."

"M'Lady, should you really have to go to the shopping district today?" Merida asked, bringing Vrylle out of her trance.

"I should. I wouldn't have much free time tomorrow."

Simply speaking, Vrylle knew that even her own free precious time will be reduced. That's how dire her situation is. So if she did not make some personal errands for herself today, who would have known if when she will find some time does so in the future?