Chapter 19

Trapped.

They still got trapped even after all those retaliations. Though the Mercenaries killed a number of Goblins and Wolves and also wounded the rest varying from moderate to severe, but since their first priority is to escape, they inevitably got injured, as well, and killed some of their mounts.

At first, they thought they were escaping the grasp of the monsters, but halfway through, another wave of monsters appeared from who knows where and started another bout of attacks.

This time, the monsters were not just Goblins and Wolves, an Orc added to the group.

"Men! Formation! Kill as much as possible before another wave starts again!"

Huffing and puffing from exertion, the injured and exhausted Mercenaries that got trapped from all directions like caged beasts, set aside the carriage that further hindering their movements and attacks.

It does not matter now. If the monsters happens to take their target's life in either way around didn't weigh them that much in this time of danger.

They were barely able to defend themselves because of the chaos, so protecting the captive isn't an option they could carelessly pick. What's more, the whole situation was not in their favor like what they had planned.

Furthermore, if most of them do die from the unexpected waves after waves of besieging monsters that kept spitting out stronger ones each time, then the target will also die, wouldn't she? So now, it's better to be tactful than to be sorry later on.

It's not being pessimistic or something, the Mercenaries had this seemingly synchronize thoughts based on their current situation that's circling out of hand.

"Mr. Valdez! Behind you!"

Neck graze by the Reaper's scythe, Valdez maneuver his body blaring with alarms and successfully escaped the sneak attack. Behind him a second ago was a Goblin holding a dagger, the dripping liquid on the blade was none other than poison. So even if that dagger did not successfully stab him, but by any chance it scrapes his skin even a little, it was self-explanatory if what would happen afterward.

"...Fuck!"

Heart thumping from the sudden threat, Valdez then counter. With a flawless attack and efficient move, he beheaded the Goblin who nearly took his life.

"These monsters are no signs of waning! Fuck!"

From his left where the grunting came from, Valdez could see his brothers profusely sweating while attacking, countering, and also defending against their opponents.

Indeed. Because of the Dungeon Break, the monsters surely no signs of waning, instead, the number increases. The new monsters added to the group were no joke either. By killing the weaker ones, who would have thought that stronger monsters were to replace them?

While Valdez grinding his teeth because of their worsening situation, Alex, who was now on the top of the carriage with two other acting as his protectors and having a more panoramic view of the chaos, shuddered with the images of bulging muscles and huge stature of the Orcs that had joined.

The savage looks of those monsters were far worse than the Goblins'.

Though Orcs had arms and legs and stood on two feet like humans did, its face was hideous, resembling that of a pig, and it has green skin, imposing figure, and body covered in countless scar.

The image alone was enough to leave a person a psychological shadow.

In all honestly, today's event was Alex's first. Just like the rest, he was so desperate to earn a cash. If his despicable of a father did not sell his younger sister just to pay off his debt while he was away doing his usual operation outside, he wouldn't be here by now.