Chapter 02

Feeling a comforting heat on her face, Vrylle regained her consciousness and opened her eyes. Along with her other senses that regained their functions, the little girl smelled a sweet fragrant aroma of a flower she was very familiar with, and it was jasmines.

The last time she smelled its aroma was when she was living with her grandma, simply because the old lady had a lot of its different kinds growing around in her humble nipa hut.

But one night, her granny suddenly disappeared without a trace and never to be seen again. Leaving the nipa hut and her small garden unattended, her mother, her granny's only daughter, sold the house without a second thought to spare.

A cruel move to make.

However, since then, jasmines became her favourite flower, because whenever she smells its very familiar fragrance, it vividly reminded Vrylle of her most important granny.

To tell the truth, for Vrylle her grandma was the best. She was sure of it. Her granny was the only person who gave her genuine love and really does care for her. The two years Vrylle spent with her granny was the most memorable and happiest moments of her life.

That was why she will never going to forget those memories she spent with her beloved granny.

"Great you have woken up."

When Vrylle heard a male's voice, she involuntarily flinched and instinctively shifted her vision to where she heard a voice came from.

"Father and I were so worried of you. How'd you feel?"

Right next to her, a dazzling teen staring at her with worried eyes while gently stroking her hair. His jet black hair complimenting his beautiful face, and his sparkling clear, blue eyes were glimmering with emotions, making his eyes stands more beautifully like gemstones.

The teen also had an amazing facial features, narrow eyebrows, a high nose, and attractive thin pink lips. His clothing, he wore an unbuttoned gray tuxedo with a black collar and lapel and two inches black line around the cuffs.

Underneath, he wore a black dress shirt tucked by a black U-neck vest with detailed straight line pattern and a black trouser.

The teen looked stunning. Though his face looked sullen.

"Brother, you're ugly. Please, stop making that face."

Vrylle's newfound voice seemingly strange to her ear. Though indeed, the teen was the original host's one and only sibling, her brother, Everett Auburne.

If Vrylle's brother back on Earth was a complete jerk, an asshole and a scum, you name it, then Everett was like a perfect brother everyone could wish to have. He was a sweet, caring, and lovable brother.

If only Steve was like him...

"You rascal. Is that how you greet me in the morning?"

The little girl held the teen's hand that was now stroking her face and giggled. The familiar warmth of his palm emitted on Vrylle's right cheek, his smell penetrating her nostrils, his smiling face but worried eyes, everything about him, this owner's body loves from him dearly.

When those kinds of thoughts suddenly emerged, Vrylle mentally shook her head.

She should stop thinking like that. The owner of the body was gone. She was her now. She's Vrylle Auburne and this is now her life. Furthermore, she was no longer Vrylle Almante. She should accept that as well.

"Good morning, Brother!" She chirped and Everett helped her to sat up.

"Father would be here sooner. Wait, are you hungry? Want to have breakfast with me?"