Chapter 16

All the best weapons the old man had in his humble shop were carefully picked and brought inside the room, which took him quite a while to accomplished.

All sorts of weapons from different variety of swords, bows, arrows, daggers, spears and other more were placed on top of the rectangular wooden table.

There were also shields of different sizes and shapes.

The old man, whose been dealing with various of people since he started his business, didn't know whether to laugh or cry by today's deal.

From the very beginning, the young lad's request were kind of weird. How so? It was because she said without batting an eye that all the best weapons he had will be purchased by her, but for what reason?

As a, without a doubt, high-ranking noble, her households has a lot of it, high-quality at that. So now, for what reason she needed that much?

The old man knew it wasn't his business, and it was a taboo to delve into someone's affair, but since it was so unusual and that was when the word 'peculiar' applied, he couldn't help himself but get curious.

Added to that, the young lad's so-called respectful reminder for him by keeping today's happening a secret and telling not even a single soul, which also meant that even the two who accompanied her doesn't know about it, strengthen that peculiarity he had felt.

When the lad said those words to him with a benign smile, the old man didn't feel relieve at all, instead, sirens starts blaring above his head, as if he was rat caught by a python and ready to be devoured.

'What a dangerous lad.'

That was the old man's honest thought after being scared silly. But of course, he also felt astounded as to how much pressure Vrylle could exude. Not to mention that she looked like your typical rich noble lady.

No, no, no. Scratch that.

She must be looked like those noble ladies, however, upon closer and more detailed look and observation, there was an invisible fact that she isn't that ordinary at all.

She's dangerous.

Dangerous in any aspect.

And the amiable smile the young lad had won't be able to deceive him either. With his many years of dealing with various of people, the poor old man had cultivated a keen instinct despite his commonly look.

More so, such sweet and bright smile only indicates one thing. His poor, old life has been put on a scale, and now he had to carefully balance each sides. That is if he wanted to keep his life.

'I know I'm old. But I still want to live a little longer!'

Vrylle, who had no way of knowing what was the old man's vicious and twisted way of thinking about her, was simply relieved and satisfied after she paid the weapons and stuffed them all inside her spatial ring.

Now done with the deal, Vrylle then exited the room and casually approached Merida and Rusty. And before the three finally left the shop, Vrylle wholeheartedly thanked the old man, beaming a dazzling smile.

Though for the old owner, it was more likely an assurance for his mouth to be sealed shut. And the words Vrylle had said were most probably a threat, not a gratitude.

'For real. Why it must be me to crossed path to such dangerous lad?'

The poor old man was silently grieving, felt wronged with half of his vigor chopped down. Silently praying for a long years to live and for Vrylle to never appear in front of him again,

Vrylle, the person in question, was completely unaware and just lightheartedly exited the shop with Merida and Rusty, resuming to stroll the busy and bustling market.