Chapter 08

The siblings arrived in their destination after half an hour of trip. The young Paladin who left the carriage first extended his hand to his sister, so Vrylle took it with a smile and slid out.

Once landed on the road made of cobblestones, the building that was towering them made her feel astonished.

Balsa House, where auction occasionally held, has a pleasing in the eye cream-coloured wall, and the grey-coloured double doors had a hood above, obviously to protect it from the weather. The wide doors were generally glass panelled and elaborately carved, surrounded by a door frame with imposing architrave to match the doors.

Then, men and women with beautiful and fancy clothing slowly pouring inside the place, same with ordinary-looking people and other races wearing gears along with their respective equipped weapons.

However, from the overall look of the building, the graceful-looking aristocrats, strong-looking Adventurers, and the imposing look of the doors that could steal everyone's attention, all of that beauty almost blinded Vrylle's line of sight, made her notice quite late that on the right side of the door not quite far away, where a tall and robust guard standing, and the other person whose two heads smaller than the guard and back facing her, emits such strange atmosphere.

At first, if one does not pay enough attention, one couldn't tell that there's any problem since the two people looked like they were just talking casually, but once one did and got closer, anyone could see and tell what was really happening.

"I told you just say the truth, you brat! How could someone like you possessed a Limited Pass like this?! Do you want to-"

Vrylle raised a puzzled brow. The commotion between the two has nothing to do with her, yet she felt the need to help the stranger wrapped in black cloak.

Her intuition never fails her, that what she believed and continued to believe.

A grunt later, she made out her mind and strode towards them. Everett, however, jolted at his sister's action and his face immediately covered in worried expression, tried his best to stop her.

But unfortunately for the young Paladin, Vrylle had already set her mind in stone, so no persuasion would do.

That made Everett no choice but to follow behind her.

"Excuse me, Sir. I was wondering if what was happening here?"

Vrylle suddenly butted in, standing straight as a proud lady should be with her hands gracefully clasped in front, looking elegant, despite her young age.

"Greetings, Young Lady and Young Master Auburne."

The tall and robust guard politely greeted them with a bow, which kind of surprised her since Vrylle did not expect him to know her.

"This kid, I was asking him if this pass was truly his, but all he did was to keep silent. I just want to make sure that he did not steal it to anyone since it was not easy to obtain."

The guard continued.

Without responding, Vrylle switched her gaze from the robust, middle-aged guard to the person opposite him. Her eyes were meticulously scanning the person in black cloak, which she finds out a male. Considering his height and body's build, despite the cloak limiting her sight, Vrylle still able to calculate his age, which was the same as Everett, or maybe older than a year or two.

The guy, however, was stunned by the little girl's sizeable gaze. Her meticulous eyes that were able to expose some of his trivial identity, despite being covered by his cloak from head to toe, were easily discovered.

That reason made his lips curved up under the shadow made by the hood of his cloak.

He had never met a kid as young as her to be this observant. It was his first.