Chapter 1 - It Happened on a Tuesday.

It happened on a Tuesday. February 10, 2015. I'm still not sure if I regret it or not. I mean, I barely know the guy. Skyler Gisondo. His name sounds utterly unfamiliar.

"I'm an actor," he said.

"Sure," I said.

Okay, no. We're not at that part yet. Oh, yeah! My name is Mariah Nicole Morris. I'm 17...I go to high school like any other normal teenager in Greenburg, Pennsylvania. My school is Greenburg High and I guess you could say there's the typical groups that hang out together. There's the nerds, the Asian nerds, the jocks, the scientifics, the populars, the cliques, the people who try too hard to be in a popular group or clique, the fangirls, the book nerds, the drama club, and then there's the best people you will ever meet. The people who never get tired for a single second of hearing your voice.

Your best friends. Kylie, Mila, and Claire. We all became best friends almost instantly in freshmen year when we all didn't have anywhere to sit, so we decided to sit with each other. We all get along very well even though we have completely different personalities.

Kylie is a jock; she's on the same basketball team as me. She's also a cheerleader, volleyball player, softball player, dancer, gymnast, runner, and a swimmer. She has dark red hair and hazel eyes, the kind you'd see on light brown wood.

Mila is a book nerd. She is quiet, but if you mention one single thing about Harry Potter, she will never stop talking. And I mean never. That's a good thing, though. I like that about her. I find it really beautiful when someone is talking about something they are passionate about, you know? She doesn't play any sports, unless you count netflix and reading. And walking to the fridge. She has ombré hair that goes perfectly with her bright blue eyes and her big nerdy black glasses.

And finally, Claire. I really don't know what category to put her in. Probably drama club. She doesn't read, she hates sports, and she never really watches tv or movies. But, she is on the internet a lot; fantasizing about boys and actors... Speaking of acting, she is in plays at school. Ever since freshmen year (we are juniors now), she has gotten the lead role for every play she was ever in. I can't blame her. Claire is such a good actress and she is camera material. Or stage material for now, I guess. I mean, you can't ignore her forest green eyes and black hair, which is almost always in perfect curls.

We may be somewhat different, but we make each other complete.

Then, there's the creepy "secret" admirers who will do nothing but stalk you. One time this girl, Hannah, told me one of them was watching her sleep from her bedroom window. He supposedly took pictures. But, the thing that really creeped me out, was that he could've watched her change. I didn't get his name, though, which makes me worried he might be stalking me or something.

Anyways, back to what I was saying before.

I'm pretty sure everyone at least once skipped school. I can't blame you. We all need a break from the work, the people, the stress. I get it. I really do. And when I got up Tuesday for school, I just couldn't go. I couldn't. After faking that I was totally going to go to school by walking out the door to trick my mom, I decided to go to Starbucks.

You know: get a latte, take a break.

I put in my earbuds and played "Life of the Party" by Shawn Mendes. Since I don't have my own car, I usually walk to school. I'm usually fine walking when it's warm, but when it's winter...not that much. I checked my phone for the temperature.

-1° Fahrenheit.

Just my luck.

Starbucks sounds so good right now. The warm goodness that warms my soul and every-

The music stopped. It took me a while to process that it stopped because my phone was on the ground and my headphones were unplugged.

"Crap, I'm so sorry...," someone said as they picked it up for me. When I actually saw his face, I thought:

Damnnnn. His parents did right.

"It's fine," I replied with the most flirtatious smile I could ever dig up. When he smiled back, it was even more perfect. Okay, now I was just smiling stupidly.

Say your name. Say your name.

"My name's Mariah," I said, ten octaves higher than I intended. I may have just ruined the whole thing. I did, didn't I? I quickly looked down at my phone.

Wait, why am I looking at my phone?

Look back up, look back up.

I looked back up to meet his gorgeous sea foam eyes again. He was still smiling that perfect smile. That's all it took to make me blush.

Okay, now's the time to look back down.

I looked back down and saw him stretch his hand out to me.

"I'm Skyler. Skyler Gisondo."

"Uh..okay."

Okay? That's all you got?

"It's nice to meet you," I said quickly.

"Yeah...you too. Always nice to meet a fan."

"A fan?"

"Yeah..."

I gave him this weird look as I took his hand. After we shook hands, he said, "I'm an actor."

"Sure."

"Have you not seen me in...anything?"

"Not that I know of."

"Seriously?"

"Seriouslllyyyy."

"Um...okay. BUT THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE SKYLER GISONDO ON YOUR TV, YOU WILL KNOW."

And then he walked off.

Just like that.

Author's Note:

This is a FanFiction made for my really close friend and I love her to death and miss her a lot. Like a lot a lot. Words cannot describe how amazing she is. So, here you go. Ily.

Xoxo,

Grace