Chapter 23 - Hurt

6 days before Skyler left

You know that feeling you get when you're about to cry? When your throat just kinda swells up inside and you're scared to even get out a word because you know you're going to start hysterically sobbing?

Yeah, well, that's how I feel now. Every time I look at him, in fact.

People say that your first love doesn't last, or that your high school sweetheart will soon be forgotten when you move on into adulthood. Before, I didn't believe that. But now...now I'm not quite sure.

Skyler and I decided to break up for the best. It wasn't going to work out anyway considering the fact that he's going to be on the other side of the world. Hello from the other side, I know.

Our relationship was complicated, that's for sure. There were many, many times where I thought he was avoiding me or cheating on me or whatever. But there was also many, many memories I made with him that I'd probably never make with anyone else. So, yeah. Our relationship was complicated, but it was beautiful.

I still see him sometimes, when he's walking down the street or going to the local Starbucks or to the park. And I still tend to get that feeling.

Yes, we still love each other. And no, there's not really a chance for us. I guess that was our fate.

Fate's an asshole.

I lost all of my friends, but hey, I guess that's what happens when you get too caught up in your love life. I know that eventually, when the time is right, that I will make new friends. And I know that eventually, also when the time is right, I will find someone else. Someone that makes me forget about the heart ache I'm going through now.

Someone that stops all of the moments I had with Skyler from flooding back into my memory.

And I know that Skyler is going to be happy with another girl. Any girl would be happy with him, for goodness sake. I never thought that the boy I thought was my stalker in the beginning would be my first love in the end.

I guess that's just how things were meant to be.

I just wish someone would've warned me about love sooner rather than having me experience it on my own first.

I could've saved myself from a whole lot of hurt.

Author's Note:
HOLA PEOPLES. Long time, no see. Sorry about that. I've been super busy with school (ugh). But I'm on break now! YES! How did you guys like this chapter? What do you think will happen?

Xoxo,
Grace