Chapter 12 - Trouble Makers

It's been 2 weeks since Skyler and I started dating. I told my mom on the first week, and it actually went better than I thought.

"Stay here. When I say 'Mom, I have to tell you something...', that's your cue to walk into the kitchen, okay?" I told Skyler on my porch. The window was open, so he should be able to hear the cue perfectly fine.

"Okay," he said.

I walked in through the front door and found my mom reading a magazine, as she usually was, in the kitchen.

"Mom, I have to tell you something...," I cleared my throat.

Skyler walked in and stood beside me. My mom glared at us and then sighed.

"Don't tell me what's going on here," she pointing her index finger at us, "I have a feeling I already know. Does he make you happy?"

"Yes," I answered, keeping my confidence.

"Well, as long as you're happy, I'm happy. I can't believe it took me this long to realize that."

I grinned. "Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah. Just be safe."

"Oh my god, mom..."

Now, here we are. We're on our first date at the ice skating rink and it's Skyler's first time. I, however, go with my dad almost every weekend.

"How do I-" Skyler started to say, but fell face first.

When I started skating away from him, he grabbed my ankle and yelled, "Mariah! DONT YOU DARE SKATE AWAY FROM ME!"

He pulled me down hard and I fell on my stomach.

"Ow! Skyler!" I scolded him.

"Oh my god! Are you Skyler Gisondo?" A group of fangirls came up to us, skating perfectly fine. One of the girls got out her phone and took a picture of us on the ground.

"Are you his girlfriend?"

"Can I have your autograph?"

"Can I have a picture?"

"Will you marry me?"

All of their questions came so quickly and all of them were squealing so much, that it almost muffled all of the questions. Almost.

I got up and held my hand out to Skyler to help him get up. Once he was up, I took the girl's phone and helped her stand next to him.

"Smile!" I said and captured a picture she would probably keep for her entire lifetime.

They were finally gone after 10 minutes and the only thing Skyler wanted to do was go to McDonalds.

"Fine," I groaned, kind of sad I didn't get to skate more. But, then again, who could pass up McDonalds? Not me.

I have a feeling it's just not Skyler's day because he spilled his Pepsi everywhere when we got our food.

"I need a new boyfriend," I joked.

"I will tie you down to the chair if you're actually serious," he laughed.

We got up to get napkins to clean the mess up. When I was wiping my side up, Skyler flicked his napkin covered in Pepsi at me.

I did the same to him. Before we knew it, it became a Pepsi fight.

"Please! Don't play with your drinks," the boss said angrily.

"Sorry...," we both said and looked at each other and started laughing.

I just guess we're that couple that always gets in trouble for their dates.

Author's Note:
I don't know if I like this chapter very much. But, hopefully the next chapters will be even better.

Next time on Marler -
"How do you feel about a road trip?"

"I feel like things are moving too fast.."

"Mariah, I would never cheat on you! Please! Just hear me out!"

Xoxo,

Grace