Chapter 15 - Two Words

June 4.
I finished up my junior year of high school two weeks ago. I haven't talked to Skyler since his graduation. Yes, he's texted, called, emailed, came over, but all of those times I avoided facing the pain that was doomed to come when he left.

By this point, I've lost all of my friends. Kylie, Mila, and Claire all accused me of choosing a boy over them. I don't blame them, it's just it's not like they ever tried to talk to me. I was always the one trying to talk to them, so I guess I just gave up without even knowing it.

Currently, I'm looking out my window and dreading. Dreading when I would have to face Skyler. Dreading when he would have to go. Dreading senior year. Dreading life itself.

I got out my journal, which I haven't wrote in since I met Skyler, and opened it to the first fresh page I could find. I grabbed my blue pen from my desk and went back to sit by the window. I gazed out to the neighborhood, surprisingly quiet today. Usually, there were teenagers pranking their neighbors and kids running around and playing with their toys. I guess today was meant to be a depressing, black and white day.

Then, I got an inspiration for an entry.

Two words.

Skyler. Gisondo.

You can basically label him as anything. The hot guy that passes by you in the school halls. The shy kid who always stays in his house instead of going outside to play with the other kids in the neighborhood. The gentlemen who would always rather have you be happy than sad.

But, for me, Skyler Gisondo was the love of my life. Of course, I have a lifetime of boyfriends ahead of me now, but he was my first love. The only one who could truly make me happy, even when no one else could.

We only ran into each other almost five months ago, but a lot can happen in a short period of time...more than you could ever imagine.

That first day he said he loved me...well I didn't know what to think. I have so many flaws and this is what I EXPECTED to hear:

"I love you...but..."

But that's not what happened. Instead came his arms and a "no matter what." Okay, maybe he didn't exactly say those exact words, but you get the idea.

Cheesy, I know.

I silently tapped the pen on my notebook, thinking of something else to write. But, nothing came. I sighed and closed the journal, setting it aside for now.

I decided it was time. I picked up my phone and shakily dialed Skyler's number and hit call.

He picked up almost immediately.

"Mariah...?" he asked.

"H-hi," I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" he asked again, but a little more quietly.

"The pain, Skyler. I can't deal with it," I admitted.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I'm feeling pain, too. But, we only have three more months and we should spend them together as much as we can, not avoid each other."

"I know...I'm sorry..."

There was an awkward silence. Then he said, "Mariah, open the front door."

I ran down the stairs and unlocked it and pulled it open as fast as I could. Then I hung up and ran into his arms nearly sobbing.

Author's Note:
Tomorrow, write on your wrist #marlerliveson. Tag my Instagram (themultifandomliars) for a chance to be featured in Marler.

Stay tuned!

I'll announce the winner next Wednesday!

Xoxo,

Grace