Chapter 7 - Homecoming Part II

Eventually, I would have to go back to Cameron. He's probably thinking I ditched him or something. I'd be lucky if he was still here. I let go of Skyler and smiled an apologetic smile.

"Yeah, I know. Go on. Have fun," he said, but you could hear the sadness in his voice.

Soon enough, I found Cameron when "Something Big" by Shawn Mendes started playing.

"Hey...sorry I had to go to the bathroom and Kylie was in there, so I had to talk to her," I lied.

"It's fine," he said.

And then he started leaning in. I didn't want to pull away because I'd be rude, but I didn't want to kiss him either. I guess I have to spare a kiss, though.

He leaned in and I leaned in and smirked. When he actually did kiss me, I felt absolutely nothing. He was pretty into it, though. Which was good, I guess?

"Will you go out with me?" He asked when he pulled away.

"Don't you think things are moving a little bit fast..?" I asked, avoiding the question he just threw at me randomly.

"Mariah. We've known each other since 5th grade. Plus, don't you wanna do something crazy? For once? Maybe it will be what you never expect."

I thought about it for a moment. I guess there would be no harm trying. "Sure," I finally said.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could've sworn I saw Skyler.

"He just asked me out...," I told Skyler once I got around to talking to him again.

The song switched to "Got You" by Kalin and Myles. God, what are people listening to? I'm silently gonna start praying for an All Time Low song to come on.

"Oh...," Skyler said, looking down.

My phone buzzed with a new text message. It was from Cameron.

Cameron: Hey. Sorry. Family emergency and I had to be at the hospital ASAP. Do you know someone else that can take you home? I can come and get you if you want...

Me: No, it's fine. Stay at the hospital. I know someone who can take me. It's cool.

"Hey, can you take me home?" I asked Skyler.

"Mhm. Sure. When?" He asked, still looking down.

"Now."

"Now?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

I wasn't thinking then because I forgot my mom was taking the night shift off work. She was not happy.

"Mariah, I wouldn't have let you go to Homecoming if I knew you were going with him," she said, clearly disgusted at the sight of Skyler.

"Mom. I didn't go with him, I went with Cameron Matthews, like I told you. Skyler was just driving me home because Cameron had an emergency. Plus, Cameron asked me out tonight and I said yes, so ha," I reassured her.

"Thanks for taking her home, Skyler, but she won't be needing you again." And she kicked him out. Again.

"Can't you give Skyler a chance, Mom?" I asked her.

"Well, finding him sleeping with my daughter isn't exactly a good first impression," she said, matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes and went up the stairs to my room. I changed into sweatpants and a "The Vamps" t-shirt for the night. I fell asleep almost immediately.

Author's Note:

This chapter was meh. But the next few chapters will be dramatic (the good kind) I promise.

Next time on Marler -
"Victoria Belgium found dead."

"Where were you after Homecoming last night?"

"I don't know who to trust anymore."

"Go! Just..just go.."

Xoxo,

Grace