Chapter 13 - February 10, 2015

"So what do you think about a road trip?" Skyler asked as we walked along the sidewalk pavement towards school with our hands intertwined.

"That would be so much fun!" I exclaimed. "But..."

"But what?" He came to a sudden stop and turned towards me, caressing my face as if that was a way to read minds.

"It's just...we have school to worry about. You're graduating soon and I still have to finish up my junior year..."

My eyes widened as I slowly processed what this meant. Skyler would be going off to college soon...and we won't see each other for a year. I froze as the cool spring breeze blowed my hair in my face.

"Don't worry about that," he replied assuringly, taking both of my hands into his once again.

"We won't see each other for a year," I whispered, staring up at the sky.

"C'mon...don't think like that. I can always visit."

"But it won't be the same without you here, by my side, every single day."

"I know...but it's only in Boston. Plus, you've always wanted to go to Boston, haven't you?"

"Yeah, but I've never had the money and it's gonna take a lot to go there and see you."

Skyler shrugged and continued walking.

"February 10," he smiled and chuckled.

"The day we met. And here we are, May 10, 2015. Happy 4 months," I said, kissing his cheek.

He squeezed my hand tighter and returned the favor by gently placing his lips on mine, identical to our first kiss ever.

"Remember when I caught you reading Harry Potter?" he asked.

"Re-reading," I corrected him. "And yes. In fact, I have a very vague memory of that. 'I like that book you're reading.' Seriously, looking back at it, it was the best pick-up line in the goddamn universe."

We both laughed and, back then, it seemed as if nothing in the world could tear us apart.

Author's Note:

I'm not doing the 'next time' things anymore, so just ignore the last one. Okay? Okay. *cries internally* This is a super short chapter, but I really like it.

Don't forget about Victoria Belgium, either.

Xoxo,

Grace