Chapter 21 - Terrible Love

The next few days were unbearable. My mom was furious at the cops (even though they didn't suspect Skyler and I for murder anymore), Skyler was ignoring my texts, and the police have not yet reported back on whether or not Cameron did kill Victoria. Rumors around the neighborhood arose that the FBI was even involved. I tried calling Skyler, too, but he never answered. We only have two more weeks until he leaves for college. I don't even know what we are right now.

He seemed like he still loved me when we were in the back of a police car...what happened? I tried to shake the possibility of him not wanting to be with me anymore out of my head. He couldn't break up with me after everything we've been through...could he?

Maybe this is all just in my head and he's waiting for all of the chaos to pass, but when your boyfriend suddenly cuts you off without an explanation, you can't exactly ignore that.

-

Me: Hey...

Me: Are you avoiding me?

Me: Did I do something wrong?

Me: Please talk to me...

Me: I love you.

Me: I miss you.

Me: I'm sorry...

It's been a week now. He still hasn't talked to me. One more week until he leaves. One more week till my heart lets the familiar sense of loneliness in once again. Huh. I guess you can never love someone as much as you miss them.

I hate goodbyes, believe me. But I hate when people I love leave without a word or an explanation even more.

It's become clear that the only way I'm gonna get something out of Skyler is if I go to him. I can't stand the wait of him coming to me anymore. I grabbed my keys and drove to Skyler's house.

-

I pull up in the driveway and see his car there. By this point, one side of me is trying so hard not to be furious. The other side is trying so hard not to break.

My heart is pounding in my chest as I walk up the steps to his front door. I stand there for a moment, debating on whether or not this is a good idea. What if I'm being a really clingy girlfriend?

Before I could run, the door opens...and I can't believe my eyes.

Author's Note:
What do you think Mariah saw? Leave your theories down below! Sorry this chapter is so short! The next few will be longer.

Xoxo,
Grace