Chapter 11 - More Than A Stalker

Monday.

The worst day of the week. I guess I didn't care that much this morning, though, because I could finally see Cameron again. I was dying to see him.

I put on a black and grey baseball tee, black skinny jeans, and, once again, my black Vans. I don't know why I liked my Vans so much. They just look good.

I grabbed my earbuds, my phone, and my bookbag and headed out. I put one earbud in my ear and started playing 'Cool Kids' by Echosmith.

It was only 7:06 and class didn't start until 8:00, so I decided to go to Starbucks. I haven't seen Nate for, about, a month or so. He's probably surprised I actually stayed away that long.

I walked in through the doors, paused my music, and went up to the counter where he was.

"Hey," I said, sitting my bookbag on the stool next to me and sitting down myself.

"Woah! I thought you were dead! I know your obsession with me," Nate joked.

"Yeah, well, I've been busy."

"Doesn't surprise me. Regular?" He asked, holding up a cup.

"Yes, please!"

He gave me my latte and I gave him a 5 dollar bill. "Keep the change," I said, grabbing my bookbag and heading out.

This time, I started playing 'Hey Na Na' by Katie Herzig. The first time I heard it was on one of my favorite tv shows, 'Pretty Little Liars'. It's about 4 girls who are being tortured by an anonymous person who goes by the name A. While trying to figure out who A is, they are also trying to figure out what the heck happened to Alison DiLaurentis, their best friend/worst enemy, who disappeared a year before.

I was about 5 minutes away from school when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Skyler.

"Hey. Can I walk with you?" He asked.

"Sure," I replied, smiling.

When we got there, I couldn't believe what I saw. It was Cameron and Regina Kay.

Kissing.

Everyone was staring at me. I started feeling sick to my stomach and sad and cornered, all at the same time. Cameron must've noticed the silence that feel over the whole hallway and stopped kissing Regina. He followed everyone's eyes and met mine.

I turned and ran towards the bathroom. I slammed the stall door, sat down on the toilet, and cried.

I heard people chanting, "Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight," but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything anymore. I was just cheated on by someone I thought I knew. Someone I thought I could trust.

I didn't stop crying until about 5 minutes afterward. I slowly stood up, unlocked the stall door, and walked towards the sinks. I looked in the mirror above them and gasped at how puffy and red my eyes were.

I washed my face with cold water and tried to decrease the puffiness. It went down somewhat, but not much.

A group of girls walked in and started giggling at me and I walked past them and out the door.

"If you hurt her again, I swear...I'll kill you," Skyler said, pushing Cameron up against the lockers. When he saw me, he let go of Cameron and led me out of the school building.

"I wish it wasn't so hard...," I said to Skyler, who was currently comforting me.

We were in his bedroom, sitting on his couch. He gave me one of his sweatshirts to wear and let me cry and just...held me.

"I wish it wasn't so hard to tell you...," he mumbled, not intending for me to hear, but I did.

"Tell me what?" I wiped my eyes, sat up, and looked at him.

"Uh...um...I...," he said, his face looking as red as a strawberry.

"Skyler, just spit it out." I was starting to get impatient.

"Iloveyou," he said so quickly that I could barely understand.

"What?"

"I...love...you...," he said slowly this time.

It was hard to get the words out, but once I did, it was the easiest goddamn thing to say in the world.

"I love you too..."

He looked back and forth from my eyes to my lips and started to lean in. I did the same. It seemed like an eternity before our lips connected.

Author's Note:

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYY! THEY FINALLY KISSED! This is where things start getting real good, guys. Don't leave out Mariah's mom, either...

Next time on Marler -
"As long as your happy, I'm happy. I can't believe it took me this long to realize it."

"Are you guys dating?"

"Can I get your autograph?"

"Mariah! DONT YOU DARE SKATE AWAY FROM ME!"

Xoxo,

Grace