Chapter 4 - The Date?

It turned out my mom and my brother went school shopping and they wouldn't be home until about 8 because they were also going out to dinner. Am I a little jealous of my brother? No. I got my own plans tonight.

I got out my phone and texted Skyler.

Me: Heyy. My mom and brother aren't gonna be home til late. Wanna come over? (:

Skyler texted back almost immediately. I guess that's an advantage to having a stalker. Even though he's probably not one, he's still a stalker to me.

Skyler: hey (: i'd love to come over. but on one condition...

I have to admit. I was kind of scared. But I texted back anyway.

Me: What..?

Skyler: you have to do whatever i tell you.

Me: Um..promise it won't be sexual?

Skyler: haha i promise. (:

Me: Fine. 1024 Riverpoint Drive (:

I put my phone down and let out a long sigh. I wondered how far Skyler lived from my place. But, mostly I was wondering what he was gonna make me do.

It was 20 minutes before Skyler knocked on my front door. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

My smile faded when I saw the movies in his hand.

"BUT THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE SKYLER GISONDO ON YOUR TV, YOU WILL KNOW."

"Are we really gonna watch all the movies you were ever in?" I groaned.

"No...just two," he said laughing a little.

I let Skyler in and he put Night at the Museum in first. He practically fell into his bean bag in front of the tv.

"That was smoootthhhh," I said sarcastically.

"Just for that, I now command you to get me Pepsi."

I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen, grabbed a can of Pepsi, and walked back into the living room. When I gave the can to him, he quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me down with him.

I fell onto his lap and he smiled.

"That was smooothhhh," he grinned.

Damn, he was gorgeous.

Halfway through the movie, still sitting on Skyler's lap, he started playing with my hair. Not in the boyfriend kind of way, but in the friendly kind of way. I don't know why, but I keep growing more and more attracted to him. He was a good actor, I have to admit. But I like him when he's not acting.

Whatever, though. It's not like we're ever gonna date anyway.

I must've fallen asleep on Skyler's lap because I woke up to the sound of my mom yelling.

"MARIAH! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" She shouted.

I got off Skyler's lap as quickly as I could and stood up to say, "Mom, it's not what it looks like..."

"OH REALLY?!"

By this time Skyler woke up too. My mom followed my gaze and said gently, "Oh, sorry to interrupt your sleep. But you're gonna have to do that in your own bed."

My mom grabbed his arm and threw him out.

"You're never allowed to see him again. Give me your phone."

I gave my mom my phone and watched Tommy, who was as shocked as ever. Tommy was a forgiving person. My mom took a little more time. My mom's pretty cool...when it's not about boys.

"You're grounded," she said flatly.

It's probably bad I didn't feel bad. It was worth it to spend time with Skyler. Plus, my mom can't keep me away from him forever. We are just friends after all. It's not like my mom can keep us away at school...

Author's Note:

Next Time on Marler-
Will Mariah betray her own mother to get with a guy she knows is unhealthy? How can something so bad feel so good? And don't miss Mariah's homecoming invitation by someone she never expected she'd see again...

Xoxo,

Grace