Chapter 14 - Pain

Graduation Day.

"Skyler?" I quietly asked, stepping into his bedroom.

He was sitting on his full-size bed with his elbows on his knees and his palms rubbing his eyes. I walked over and sat down next to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked, even though I knew what was wrong.

"After this, we only have 3 months together." He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

After nearly two months of thinking about it, we came up with the conclusion that no matter how much money we had or how much time we had, we still had our own lives to worry about. Skyler was still going to act and audition for roles in movies, while I was going to finish up my high school education.

We both agreed that a long distance relationship wouldn't last, so we decided we need to take a break until we can be by each other's side physically again.

We also recently discovered that Skyler got into Greenwood College in Europe, one of the best schools in the world. He'd be attending there instead of Boston.

We'd be an ocean apart and thousands of miles away from each other.

I rested my head on his shoulder, not thinking of any comforting or reassuring words to ease the pain.

"Promise you'll remember me?" I asked.

"How could I ever forget you?"

By this time, tears were silently falling down his face and onto my head as he kissed the top of it. I can't help but cry too.

"Skyler! Time to go!" his mom yelled.

I got up and straightened my dark blue dress.

"You look beautiful," Skyler said, brightening the mood.

"Thanks..."

He stood up and took a step towards me, brushing the hair out of my face. Gently and gracefully, he leaned down and lifted my head up a little bit and kissed me.

Three more months...

After the graduation ceremony, I went back home by myself. I used the 'I don't feel that good..I just think I have a stomach bug or something' excuse.

I wanted to be alone tonight. Everything was just too much to handle. I probably should've stayed with Skyler, but I don't think I could've stayed long without bursting into tears and embarrassing myself in front of his family.

When I got home, I slowly closed the door and slid down to the ground. My mom won't be home for a while and Tommy was spending the night at his friend's house. I cried and let the pain become of me.

When he actually leaves for Europe, the pain would become inevitable. But perhaps he'd be better off without me. Perhaps he would start a new life with a new girl.

Four years was a long wait.

But, one thing was certain.

Skyler Gisondo was the best goddamn thing that ever happened to me.

Author's Note:
Please tell me it's normal to cry about this.

Xoxo,

Grace