Thirty-Three

"Age"

Waking up in Mahe, Seychelles was not something twenty-year-five-year-old Raven thought she'd be doing in her life - ever. Then again, she hadn't planned to fall for Colin Chambers - a billionaire who was twice her age either.

Who have thought that handsome wise man at the bar, listening to her band play was actually rich and interested in her?

Colin hadn't confessed either of the two until they had been talking and hanging out for over a month.

Even then, it was by her friend's research skills that she found out he had money.

Not that money mattered to Raven anyway. So much that when they'd begin to date, she didn't allow him to pay for anything, or take her anywhere fancy.

All their dates consisted of fast food, hole-in the walls, and semi-fancy restaurants - like the Cheesecake Factory.

And if he bought her a gift - it couldn't be expensive. Raven wouldn't take it no matter how much he begged.

Already she would be considered a girl with daddy issues because he was older than her. She didn't want to be perceived as a gold digger. Though she liked Colin well before she found out he had money.

Realistically speaking, people wouldn't buy that story.

Eventually, by month six, however, things were getting serious and Colin wanted to spend money on the woman he was falling deeply in love with.

It took one fancy dinner and now, eight months into the relationship, Raven was taking privates jets out of the country and waking up to the sound of the ocean.

Sometimes she felt like she was in a dream. It was hard coming to the reality that somehow she'd gotten lucky.

She often thought - why her?

Raven hasn't wanted much in her life. Just to sing and eventually find a guy of heart and intellect. Yet she got that and more.

Wrapped in the soft sheets of a king-size bed, a naked Raven played with her messy hair in thought.

And the sex was really good.

Colin treated her like a queen all while she had been worried about their future together.

Marriage would eventually be on the table. It made sense given his age of forty-five. But she was only twenty-five, still living her life in New York with her band.

Did she want to become a wife to a man that owned a multi-billionaire business? She hadn't even told her parents about Colin yet.

And she had already come to terms with the fact that she was truly in love with him.

Not wanting to think about marriage anymore, Raven managed to get out of the comfortable bed. She put on one of Colin's t-shirts and headed downstairs.

Not surprisingly, Colin had a beach house on an island not too far from Africa.

Then again, he had a lot of vacation houses in a lot of places - known and unknown.

Raven went downstairs and found her beau where they ate every morning - by the pool. Breakfast had just been served too.

"Good morning," Colin's face lit up at the sight of her. He was already seated.

"Morning," a smiling Raven greeted him with a kiss. "Thank you," she nodded to their cook as he bowed and went back inside.

"You sleep well?"