Eight

"Objects in the Mirror"

Max woke up at 7 AM on the dot, just like he always did when his alarm went off. Being the morning person that he was, he didn't struggle to get up. The moment he heard that alarm, he was up and ready to go.

His body was immediately ready to hit the shower; however, there was one thing that always kept him in the bed for a few minutes - his wife, Jordan.

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he turned his head to look at the snoring beauty.

She's always been a snorer, and while she was insecure about it, he loved it. He thought it was adorable.

Jordan had her turned away from him, so though he could hear her, he was facing her natural curly afro.

Laid on her stomach, she had her left leg and arm hanging off the bed with her right hand tucked under the pillow.

Seven o' five on the dot, Max had his arms wrapped around her waist and was painting kisses all over her face and neck.

Any other woman would have loved their husband's affection, and Jordan did, just not in the morning.

Not only was she not a morning person, but she hated when people woke her up.

Max knew that.

Max just didn't care.

Max liked pushing Jordan's buttons.

Jordan groaned in her sleep, reaching her hand up to push Max away from her. This only caused him to grab her hand and start kissing it.

At this point in their marriage, Jordan knew if she gave in, he would eventually leave her alone. However, her stubbornness always made it, so she attempted to fight back first.

Part of her wanted him to leave her alone, but at the same time, she didn't have the energy to keep fighting back.

So like always, with an agitated huff, she let him have it.

Jordan laid there, letting Max show every inch of her beautiful dark skin some love. He even pulled her red lace bra strap off, so her shoulder could get some attention.

When she started snoring again, a smiling Max gave her one last kiss on the forehead and climbed out of bed.

After taking a shower, Max brews himself some coffee and feeds their four dogs and Bengal cat, Spot.

They had a French Bulldog named Maverick, and a Boxer named Brady, a Siberian Husky who they called Nala, and their Yorkshire Terrier, Gracie.

Once his coffee was made brewing and the pets were fed, he went outside, letting the dogs run free in the yard.

The morning was Max's favorite part of the day. With his cup of coffee, he'd sit on the porch and take in the peaceful chirping of the birds.

Most of his life consisted of noise, traveling, and crowds. But it wasn't until he found Jordan that he found peace in being away from the world.

Buying a cabin in the rural side of Colorado was the best decision that he ever made. He had his girl, his pets, they grew their own food, had land where their dogs could roam as they pleased, and only went into town when they were low on basic supplies.

They had their own little patch on the world, and Max wouldn't change it for anything.

He found himself smiling as he recalled how he met Jordan.

Before they were husband and wife, he was the Max Elliot, and she was the Jordan Woods.

Jordan had been in the spotlight all her life. She went from winning pageants to earning awards for her performances in Hollywood movies. She was the breadwinner in her family and received a lot of pressure from her parents.