Six||Part Two

"She's the Boss"

"Miss Anderson?"

"Miss Anderson?

"Uhh, Miss Anderson? Are you okay?"

Simone came out of her thoughts to see her new assistant, Bailey's hand, waving in her face.

"What do you need?" Simone found herself a little agitated.

"The meeting in the boardroom is going to start really soon."

Simone picks up her phone and looks at the time.

"Damn it, you're right," she pushed her swivel chair away from her desk and stood.

Simone quickly picks up some files, a notepad, and a pen.

"Thank you for telling me," she smiles, though Bailey could tell she hadn't been excited about hiring her.

What she didn't know is it had nothing to do with her personally. And everything to do with what happened between her and Thomas a few weeks.

Simone and Thomas never discussed what happened. After she fired him, she had to break the news to her family about Will breaking the engagement. Her parents were anything about happy about the news. And while she was dealing with that, work didn't stop.

Though she knew that Thomas didn't want to get married to Kendell, she didn't know if he would break up with her not.

Not that she wanted him too anyways.

Simone wouldn't say that she liked Thomas. Not in a romantic way, anyhow.

She had only seen him in a professional sense. However, after what happened, she was intrigued by her former assistant.

He was so sweet to her and easy to open up to. Simone wouldn't consider herself a vulnerable or transparent person, but Thomas just brought it out of her.

Plus, the sex was amazing.

Every day she found herself wanting to call him, or looking forward to seeing him at his desk.

Simone felt guilty that the only reason she wanted to see him was to satisfy her physical needs. She could try to go through the relationship route, but after what she's been through with Will, a relationship was the last thing she wanted.

Right now, boyfriends and husbands were off the table.

Her parents were going to try setting her up with someone soon - she could feel it in her gut.

And the last thing Simone wanted was a blind date. Planned by her parents even more so.

She wasn't one to use someone for sex, but no strings attached is what she wanted in her life right now.

Simone had been so back and forth whether she should reach out to Thomas that she couldn't even focus most of the time.

"Do you know what you want for lunch?" Bailey asked, sitting at her desk.

Simone closes her office door behind her, "no, thanks. I think I'm going to skip lunch today."

"Are you sure? Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah," Simone nods, lying through her teeth. "I'm fine, thanks."

"Okay, well, have a good meeting."

Simone gives her a smile and heads to the boardroom.

She was not looking forward to this meeting. With Thomas on her mind, the last thing she wanted to do was sit through a long, boring board meeting.