Thirty-Five||Part Two

"The Chosen One"

Drew McIntyre sat patiently at the hotel restaurant as he sipped on his water every now and again. Dressed in a simple dress shirt and black slacks with his hair slicked back into a perfect low ponytail, he was waiting for Mandy, Dolph, and Gia.

He had expected the couple to have arrived already, considering they were the ones who invited him.

Good thing he wasn't in a rush. Despite how exhausted he was from tonight's show, he surprisingly had the energy to socialize.

Considering how close he was to Mandy and Dolph, he could only assume that they couldn't escape one of their "quickies."

According to Dolph, every time they had plans, they always managed to fall into bed just before they were supposed to leave.

It was a detail that Drew could have lived without knowing. However, his best friend just couldn't help but brag about how in love he was with Mandy. In addition to how rocking her body was too.

Mandy, Mandy, Mandy - was all he heard from Dolph these days.

As annoying as it was, he was happy to see Dolph so, well, happy.

He hadn't been this happy since dating Nikki Bella.

Dolph had hoped to get back with her, but she couldn't break away from John Cena. And now, she was engaged to someone else and had a son.

It seemed in the end, it worked out for both of them. Nikki got the family she always wanted, and Dolph had Mandy.

Love was a beautiful thing that Drew hoped would soon find him. He wasn't desperate, but he did like the thought of having a beautiful, strong woman on his arm—someone to laugh with, spend time with and make love to.

Single life was great, but so was companionship.

Putting his almost empty glass of water to his lips, Drew gulped it up.

He suddenly spits the water back into the glass when he notices Gia walking toward him.

A little bit of water managed to fly right down the wrong pipe, leaving him in a fit of coughs as he took in the sight of the beauty.

Gia was tall, had broad shoulders, and a curvaceous muscular toned physique that would turn guys who preferred fit but leaner women off.

To most men, Gia wouldn't be seen as feminine enough.

But to Drew, she was more than feminine.

Hell, Gia Vandel was the perfect package. She had a classiness to her that pulled in those who noticed her beauty.

And had confidence that showed she didn't care who was looking because she already knew she was gorgeous.

Her cranberry pencil skirt looked striking against her beautiful dark skin.

This wasn't his first time seeing Gia. He passed by her all the time at work. Saw her with Mandy and her incredible work in the ring. She was an attractive woman, but never so much that she sent him choking on water.

Nothing really stuck out about her before.

Maybe it was because she was married, Drew thought.

Whether she knew it or not, she beamed of freedom and availability. The gloomy cloud of her ex no longer put her in the shadows but put her in the spotlight.

Gia Vandel would never go unnoticed again, especially not to Drew.

Standing quickly, he cleared his throat, managing to swallow his choking coughs.