Chapter 12

-Judy pov-
We waited a week before doing the dance studio. We all are going in together to talk with the lady in charge. Her name apparently is Cassandra July. Dani is with us too and they seem excited.

I'm not excited at all. I don't wanna dance really and I can't really dance. Single ladies is the only dance I know. When I'm drunk I can move and people take it as lazy dancing.

But this place looks expensive too. I guess that's why we are talking to Cassandra. I sigh as we walk into the room and see people dancing. They all look really good.

"One!" A blonde woman stops the music and turns toward us "DANI! You idiot! You were supposed to be here earlier! What are these older people doing here? This is young hour"

"Nope" I turn toward the door "I'm out of this shit hole"

"What the hell you say?" I roll my eyes and walk toward the door "Get back here hag!"

"Hag?!" I turn and stomp angrily toward the woman "I came here for my fucking family! We were going to be paying customers but your bitch mouth has turned us away! There are better and less extravagant looking studios in New York! I've done my homework you low down bitch! I bet you haven't even been on anything! Name one Broadway show you've been on! Come on! Name fucking one!"

The girls eyes are wide in fear "I-I" she makes a motion with her hands "Take a break..we can go to my office"

"I'm leaving" I turn toward my family "I'm not doing this shit"

"I agree with Judy" Holly turns around and starts for the door "We can spend the day at the mall or movies instead and spend just as much money"

"Wait!" The blonde runs and stops us from leaving. She looks around and then at us "I'm sorry ok?...my business partner left me and I know how hard it can be trying to get on Broadway..I say what I say to build them up for the harsh reality that is the hate that comes with it"

"You have five minutes in your office" The lady's eyes fill up with hope "But don't push your luck"

"Of course!" She looks at Dani "Take over while I talk with these ladies please? You know most of the choreography"

Dani nods and walks away from us. The lady starts waking and we follow after her. We walk to a door and she opens it. We walk into a small office space.

"So" The lady comes in and closes the door "I assume you are Cassandra?"

"Yes" She sighs and sits down "I've tried out for five Broadway shows and the one I was actually going to do good in I got cut off by the cast mates...they talked so much it got into my head and..well I've never been in a Broadway play before"

"So you try to teach them to take it on the chin?" Cassandra nods and Shelby goes on "Do you do the same with the older people?"

"No" She looks at me "I'm sorry for taking my bad day out on you"

"You're forgiven" I look at the girls "What do you all think? Ready to get into shape?"

"Works" Rachel smiles "It'll work"

Once everyone is on the same page the girls leave. Now it's just the adults and Cassandra. The woman looks nervous. I can't blame her for that though.

"I just wanna make sure we are clear on something" Cassandra nods and looks at me in fear "If you drive any of my girls or Dani to a breaking point I will end your life quicker than a blink"

"Y-yes mam" she gulps loudly "A-am I allowed to use my tactics?"

"Yes" I stand up with a smile "We will be back for our dance classes later"