Chapter 60: Nationals part 2

-Shelby pov-
I groan as I hear beeping next to me. I open my eyes and light blinds me. Is this what dying is like? The after life is not as fun as they make it out to be.

I try to sit up but stop and sigh. When the light fades I realize I am in the hospital. I look around and meet a pair of eyes. These eyes have so much sadness and fear in them.

"I thought we lost you" Holly puts a hand on her stomach "I thought she was gonna grow up not knowing you besides the stories we would tell"

"I am gonna be here for her love" I look and see I am connected to a drip "What happened?"

"You had a heart attack and are extremely malnourished" I look to my left and see Maribel frowning "You flatlined twice"

"I am so sorry" I notice Judy is not in the room "Is..did she...she is mad isn't she?"

Maribel shakes her head "Not as much as I am" the fire sets into her eyes and I gulp "You skipped meals saying your were eating properly! You got mad every time I tried to help with everything! You always let the school and everything take place over our feelings and your health! WHEN WILL YOU STOP?! When we leave? When the kids leave? When you die?! Is dying what it will take?!"

"Mari I j~"

"Do not!" Maribel stands up with tears falling "I have been here with Holly not sure if you were gonna come back! Not sure if you were truly gonna make it! We had to prepare for the worst two times Shelby! TWO TIMES! Tell me what we have to do to make you wanna live! To want to stay with us! Is it something we have to fix? Is it us?! Do you not wanna be with us?"

"I wanna be with you all!" I take deep breath and sigh "I just do not wanna burden you two with the babies and Judy gets confused sometimes! It is hard to explain everything to you all and the moms have been pretty much no where when I have called! It is like they all just left! I just wanted the club to stay and to make sure you all did not lose the babies from stress or anything like that"

"Selfish and considerate" Holly walks over and lays her head on Maribels shoulder "Our fiancé is the perfect mix"

Maribel scoffs and looks away "More like a pain in the ass" I can see the small smile on her face "But I am glad you are ok"

"So are we" I turn to the door to see my mom in the door way with my 'mom' "You made a mess here Shelby! I know Alice raised you better than this!"

"I did Jane" The mother sisters look scary mad "To think we bought the hotel rooms she asked for and made a surprise for them!"

"I know" I smile as I can tell they are playing now "It is just rude!"

"Very funny" They both smile and walk in "Have the awards been announced yet?"

"That is our next surprise" Mom snaps and soon some of the club and the girls are in with a box "Livestream"

Sam gets the television fixed up and soon we are watching the final performance. It is the Clefheads group number. Jessie really did me proud with this crew. He has really come into his own as a teacher.

-Clefheads singing-

I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
'Cause everyone listens when I start to sing
I'm so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me