Chapter 28

-Santana pov-
Today is a special day! Mami is turning 40 years old. I can't remember the last time she celebrated her birthday. I don't think she likes remembering she is old.

But that changes today! The moms are going to treat her to a spa day while we fix up the house. We are bringing the club over to help. I can't wait to see her reaction.

There are somethings she won't be able to do at the spa sadly. But I think she'll still have a fun time. I can't wait to meet my baby siblings when they come! I hope the moms get married by then.

"Santana!" I jump and look at Rachel "You gonna help decorate or just stare into space?"

"Help" I get up and walk over to the decoration box "I'm gonna help"

"Thank you" She smiles and leans into my ear "If all goes well maybe we can finish the night of with some fun"

"Not making plans without me right?" Lucy comes in with a smirk "That would just be cruel"

"Tease" Rachel gives my cheek a peck and walks away "Come on! We got decorations to get done!"

I smile and grab some decorations out. Today's gonna be a good day.

-Shelby pov-
"I can't do most of the things in there!" Maribel is still sitting in the car pouting "I just wanna be able to enjoy a day with you three! Holly can't do somethings either!"

"There are things we all can do" Judy opens Maribels door "Come on! You haven't even tried yet!"

"No" Maribel pulls the door closed "I want to know we all can do something together!"

"You and hormones will be the end of me" Judy sighs and turns toward me "You are up"

"I like how when she's mad she is my problem" Judy walks to Holly while I walk to the door "Mari? Can you open the door and let me in?"

"No" I hear the lock go "Just leave me alone"

I sigh and put a hand to the window "I can't do that Mari" I give her a small smile "You know it's not the same if we all aren't together! We can't do this with out you!"

"Yes you can" I can see tears in her eyes "Everyone can do stuff without me..my own daughter doesn't even want me anymore"

"What do you mean?" Maribel doesn't respond "Mari?"

"She pushed me out the door to you three today" Mariel wipes her eyes "The plan has been set on my fortieth birthday for years now...it was supposed to be me and her at the movies, then dinner, and then a walk through the park...she forgot because she doesn't need me anymore"

"Oh Mari" Judy walks back over with Holly "She didn't push you out..she sent you with us cause..well"

"She's setting up a party at home" Maribel looks up at us surprised "She wanted to surprise you with our friends and family"

Maribel smiles "Really?" We nod and the door unlocks "I guess if she planned this then I should be good right?"

"Correct" I open the door and hold my hand out "Now come one birthday girl"

She smiles and takes my hand. Let's hope we don't run into anymore hiccups today. I also hope that Santana still does the plan these two had tomorrow. I think Maribel will be upset if they don't.

But all I can do is talk to her.

-Time skip-Santana pov-
Everything is looking perfect right now. I know we had original plans but those can wait. I want her to spend a day with all of her family. She deserves a good birthday.