Chapter 33

-Alice pov-
Some how everyone is out but my girlfriends, the babies, and me. How did the grandparents end up on baby duty? I don't think we even got a time of them returning. I know I should not be complaining.

I mean what grandparent doesn't enjoy time with their grandchildren? It is always a blast to be able to see them! It's just that we get put into this so much. One day I just wanna be able to do my puzzles and watch springer.

-Alma singing-

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms
When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head, and I cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me to love another
You'll regret it all one day

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

"I think that's the last one asleep" Alma sighs as she lays Juniper down "These babies can be a handful sometimes"

"Agreed" I walk over and grab the bottle from her "Where are the other two?"

"I don't know" Alma seems to be confused "I thought they went to get us some coffee and then they would come back"

"Those two assholes" I pull out my phone and call Ann "Pick up the phone Ann"

"Uhhh hey baby!" Oh yeah I'm right "We were just on our way back! There was a huge line at the coffee shop!"

"Who are you taking to Ann?" Busted "I thought we weren't answering calls so we could hide!"

"Hide huh?" I hear something get thrown "I want you two over here so we can talk...NOW!"

"Fine" there's a sigh and I can hear her getting up "We will be over in a few"

I hang up the call and turn to Alma "This should be fun" Alma shakes her head and walks to then door "I will get us some coffee started"

-Time skip-
It is about 30 minutes before the duo finally arrives. Alma and I had enough to time drink 2 cups of coffee each. They slowly make their way in with coffee cups. I raise a eyebrow as Ann nervously smiles.

"See" She shakes a cup "Coffee run!"

"Sit!" They are quickly in chairs "Why the hell were you two trying to hide from this? We agreed to do this together! You can not just decide you want to hide!"

"We always are on baby duty" Nancy groans "I just want a day to be able to relax!"

"We are grandparents" Alma looks furious "You do not know how lucky we are to see them! I would have killed to have one memory of my grandma! Just one! But I never got to! She died when I was young and I only have two photos! I was a damn baby!"

"We all feel burnt out sometimes" Attention is turned back toward me "But we agreed to do this together..it feels like you two don't wanna do this together anymore"