Chapter 35

-Shelby pov-
Today is the last in school day for the kids before winter break. Everyone seems so psyched for break. I know our house is ready for it. Ann finally got back the other day and got everyone excited.

I love Ann a bunch but she can be too much. Like right now for example. She decided she wanted to come see how I work. Now I am being watched by her while getting stuff ready to take home.

I do not really know what she thought I would do today. I imagine Blaine will sing and so will Marley. I still have a announcement about the play to do as well. I stop gathering papers when there is a knock on the door.

"Uhh hey" I look up to see it is a nervous Ann "I-I was just telling you I am heading back home..sorry for wheeling into this place with not too much warning"

"Why are you apologizing?" She looks away and I walk toward her "Ann?"

"I know you do not really like me Shelby" I stop walking and see a tear fall down "I know that I was never the best when you were growing up..I know that resentment is hard to get rid of..I can just wheel my way back home"

"What are you talking about?" She looks up and I give her a honestly confused look "What resentment should I have?"

"You can not be serious" I still have no clue what she is talking about "You are! You really do not remember?"

I shake my head "Should I?" She nods and I take a seat close to her "Why?"

"I knew you coming alone was a bad idea" I watch as my mom walks in "I will tell her"

"Tell me what?!" My mom sighs and sits down "What? What do I not remember?"

"It was when you were about seven" Mom grabs my hand and goes on "You all were at the park"

-To lazy to do math so sometime in the past-Alice pov-
"These girls are so spoiled" Ann shakes her head while we watch the girls play "I mean if they ruin those dresses we will get them new ones"

"Yeah" I sigh as Shelby falls "Jane messed her life up so bad"

"She will be fine" Ann puts a arm around my shoulders "Could you be so kind to get us some ice cream?"

I glare at her and she smiles "Fine" I stand up "You owe me though"

I walk away and to the Ice cream truck. I get everyone's favorites and start walking back over. That is when everything slows down. I drop the ice cream as I run the best I can.

Shelby is flying through the air while Ann is behind a swing. Her eyes are wide and she starts moving. Why does it feel like we are barely moving? I get close but not close enough to catch her.

The sound of cracking echoes through my ears.

"I am so sorry!" Ann flips Shelby over and check her pulse "I-I can save her! I have to! She is not going to die!"

"The car!" Ann is still trying to get air into Shelby "THE CAR ANN!"

"I-I can do it!" I see tears falling down her face "I can do it"

-Current time-Shelby pov-
"You almost died that day" I look over at Ann who is looking at her lap "Shelby?"

"I do not blame you for a swing incident Ann" I reach over and put a hand on hers "I did not die and I do not even remember it! How can I be mad about that?"

"Because I almost killed you" Ann shakes her head as tears fall "I...I should have listened when you said no more but I just kept pushing..I kept pushing"

"All is forgiven" I move and cup Ann's face "You are forgiven ok? Let us just forget it and move on! Let yourself finally move on"

She nods slowly and smiles "Ok" Tears start to fall down her face again "Thank you Shelby"